Ares Games

Thread: New to the site. Nouveau sur ce site

lacychrisvain

Default New to the site. Nouveau sur ce site

Bonjour tout le monde, je suis nouveau sur ce site et aussi nouveau a ce jeu (pense commander Wings of War deluxe set pour noel). Je suis Francais et apres avoir vecu 15 ans aux Etats unis, je suis de retour en France. J'espere aprendre beaucoup sur ce jeu et recontrer d'autre joueurs.
    Hi everybody, I am new on that site and new to the game (thinking ordering a Wings of War deluxe set for Xmas). I am French and after leaving 15 years in the States I am back in France. I hope to learn a lot regarding this game and to meat some players.

Je suis fier d'etre le premier qui te donne le bienvenue dans l'Aerodrome Cristophe
    J'èspère que mon français était correct, parce que ce beaucoup de temps que je ne l'ecrit pas

I'm proud to be the first welcoming you here in the Aerodrome Cristophe
    I hope my french should be good, because I haven't been writing in french for a long time

Marco

lacychrisvain

Mille grazie Marco!

Your French is better than my Italian. Quick question, how do you change/add an avatar or profil picture?

Christophe

Welcome to the site Christophe, I hope you enjoy your stay, from Bristol UK.
    Please excuse my lack of French language

Salut Christophe.
    Bienvenue sur la Drôme au nom des escadrons basés ici à Blighty vieille Cher.
    Il est bon d'avoir à nos côtés de nos alliés pour combattre l'ennemi.
    Rob.

lacychrisvain

Thank you Chris,

Dont worry, after 15 years in Texas, I am fluent in English. Actually I am sometime more confortable in English than in French!

lacychrisvain

Merci Rob

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas Christophe! Some people may argue about you being fluent in "English" after living 15 years in Texas.

lacychrisvain

Thanks Bobby!!

Welcome aboard Christophe, glad to have you here. Love the photos you uploaded. Thanks for sharing. Maybe someday you can make it back to the states again and join us in Ohio at Origins.

Thomas

lacychrisvain

Thank you Thomas!!

I will go back to the States to visit my wife family, Who knows I may take you on your invitation to Origins!

Quote Originally Posted by lacychrisvain View Post
    Thank you Thomas!!

I will go back to the States to visit my wife family, Who knows I may take you on your invitation to Origins!
    That would be swell.

Welcome Christophe to the aerodrome.

Baron Rolf

lacychrisvain

Thank you Mark!

Mille grazie Marco!

Your French is better than my Italian. Quick question, how do you change/add an avatar or profil picture?

Christophe
    I write you in english 'cos I don't remember a lot of words in french
    So, you have to click on "settings" button, on the left you'll see a window called "My settings" and just behind there're the options "edit profile picture"/"edit avatar".
    By clicking there you can choose between upload one from your pc or choose one from an URL. For avatars you can choose from the above mentioned options or from a list of planes (WWI Entente or Central Empires, WWII Axis and Allies) suggested by the 'Drome.
    Then "Save changes" and the job is done.

Marco
    Last edited by marcoperse; 12-08-2012 at 01:30.

lacychrisvain

Thank you Marco,

I actually figure it out. Now I just have to figure out the "Has yet to report to flight training".

Thank you Marco,

I actually figure it out. Now I just have to figure out the "Has yet to report to flight training".
    The green squares under your avatar represent your exp points. You earn exp with rep points given by other users (the higher ranks give higher rep points) and, I suppose, from medals earned too.
    Marco
    Last edited by marcoperse; 12-08-2012 at 04:21. Reason: I made some errors replying from my cell phone

lacychrisvain

Hi Darell!

lacychrisvain

Thanks Chris!!

A belated hello from Kansas, Christophe! Glad to have you with us here at the 'Drome!

Bonjour voisin! Soyez le bienvenu sur Le 'Drome!
    Welcome Christophe...I'm sure you are going to like it here!
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 12-11-2012 at 09:46.

lacychrisvain

Thank you Brian! Never too late!

Merci Alex! I already like it!

OOPS! (double post):embarass:

Hi Christophe welcome to the Drome If we get a few more France based pilots we could form up a Squadron to take on thos Hun.Salut Paul

lacychrisvain

Thanks Paul!

Similar Missions

1. This is really a fun site.
    By Beer&pretzels in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:55
  2. Ontario: New to the site
    By Warhawk in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 04:45
  3. Site