Ares Games
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Origins 2013 Roll Call

OK... official word from GAMA is that they will have a coupon code to me ASAP for those members buying a full convention pass and willing to help us out at the Buckeye Gamer In Flight tables. Online Registration will remain open until at least the end of the month. You will be able to PM me for the code soon.

Thanks for being patient.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ken I paid for our passes (Beth & myself) last night before the early bird deadline 11:59pst. I waited until almost midnight last night for an answer from you and when I did not receive it I put our order in. I paid $55.00 for each of us and now I am wondering if we can still get the discount.
    Bob

Putraack

Crud, I've got a full schedule of other events, so I'm going to miss the one WGF event I really wanted to get into-- Polish-Soviet war.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Ken I paid for our passes (Beth & myself) last night before the early bird deadline 11:59pst. I waited until almost midnight last night for an answer from you and when I did not receive it I put our order in. I paid $55.00 for each of us and now I am wondering if we can still get the discount.
    Bob
    Bob, we'll work on getting that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Putraack View Post
    Crud, I've got a full schedule of other events, so I'm going to miss the one WGF event I really wanted to get into-- Polish-Soviet war.
    Lee we will miss ya... be sure to stop by and say hello!
    Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Bob, we'll work on getting that for ya.
    What Tom said! I have assurances from GAMA that they will work with us to resolve the issues.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Will check with the wife and see what vacation days look like. Last year was only able to spend a Friday afternoon and no playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorb View Post
    Will check with the wife and see what vacation days look like. Last year was only able to spend a Friday afternoon and no playing.
    That would be great Michael. Hope to see you there.

Thomas

So I have decided that it would be easier to commute to and from Origins than getting staying the weekend. I can handle the lack of sleep but mentally draining in playing games all day. I have decided only to attend for 3 days opting for the Sunday to sleep in. I didn't really see many games being scheduled for Sunday either. I just have to remember than when I'm out having a birthday celebration Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So I have decided that it would be easier to commute to and from Origins than getting staying the weekend. I can handle the lack of sleep but mentally draining in playing games all day. I have decided only to attend for 3 days opting for the Sunday to sleep in. I didn't really see many games being scheduled for Sunday either. I just have to remember than when I'm out having a birthday celebration Thursday night.
    JC we all plan on going to Air-Force museum, down in Dayton, on Sunday.

JC we all plan on going to Air-Force museum, down in Dayton, on Sunday.
    Yeh, but JC has the same problem I have: it's going away from home. A 3-3.5 hour trip after a full day isn't a good thing
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    OK... official word from GAMA is that they will have a coupon code to me ASAP for those members buying a full convention pass and willing to help us out at the Buckeye Gamer In Flight tables. Online Registration will remain open until at least the end of the month. You will be able to PM me for the code soon.

Thanks for being patient.
    Hi, is the code available yet? Thanks.

I am all signed up! Got my HOT ribbon and signed up for all WWI scenarios except the first one. Now just need to cross the fingers that work will behave...

I am hoping that maybe I can get some money back if the group code becomes available, but didn't want to wait any longer to register.

Default Wil Wild East Forces ready for action

Just a short info upon readiness of my Event forces. Repaints and redecals finished and operational

Polish mixed group of scouts and two seaters:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	91710

The Soviets:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL 2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	91711

They look great Andrzej. Excited about playing your game.

If Sue and I have to play the Russians, I apologize ahead of time for shooting down your Polish squadron, assuming of course I don't get shot down early, which is highly, highly, highly probable.

So I get to see many great models and meet really great people. What more can I ask for.

If the trip to Dayton was the following weekend then I'd probably make it. But as it looks now, I won't be heading down there on Sunday June 16th.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Will be back again this year for some WWII action.

10 days and counting. Looked at a brew pub just up the street and looks like a nice Polish dinner there.

These next 9 days are going to drag... Come on June 12th!!!!!

I don't drink the beer, but we usually hit 2 or 3 pubs during the Con to try out their suds.

I believe the word you were looking for is "quaff".

Andy on behalf of all the Bulldogs have a great time at Origins and give them hell

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    I believe the word you were looking for is "quaff".
    Ahh what a great word to descibe embibing an ale

Well,

9 days to go and I am still unemployed... CRAP! Kindo of hard to justify going to Origins instead of paying my bills and feeding/clothing/housing my family. I was really hoping to play in Andrzej's game (as well as meeting him in person; it was also going to be a surprise for my son, whom I had adopted from Poland six years ago). Those planes certainly look great.

BTW- the brew pub across the street is pretty good (though I wouldn't call it "Polish"). Also, you might want to check out the city market, 2-blocks over for lunch or dinner.

Hope to see you all next year.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Andy on behalf of all the Bulldogs have a great time at Origins and give them hell
    I promise to do my best, Paul. I will let them feel the heat of my Fokker's Spandaus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Maes View Post
    Well,

9 days to go and I am still unemployed... CRAP! Kindo of hard to justify going to Origins instead of paying my bills and feeding/clothing/housing my family. I was really hoping to play in Andrzej's game (as well as meeting him in person; it was also going to be a surprise for my son, whom I had adopted from Poland six years ago). Those planes certainly look great.

BTW- the brew pub across the street is pretty good (though I wouldn't call it "Polish"). Also, you might want to check out the city market, 2-blocks over for lunch or dinner.

Hope to see you all next year.

Chris
    What shall I say? It would be so moving. I wish you joined us with your son, Chris We must think about how to make it up for him. How old is he now? Do you play WoG with him?

I see we have a countdown going on. Means folks are looking forward to getting together. I have picked up a few trinkets for the group. Going to the Reading show this weekend and hope to pick some more things to share.

Looking forward to meeting & seeing everyone once again. I'll be working the Profantasy Software booth in the exhibit hall #335. I'll try to jump in as many games as possible!

Chris - so sorry to hear you are going to miss Origins but understand the situation. Priorities - when need vetoes want. Know it borders on heresy for a Buckeye to say this to someone from "the state up north"but will be earnestly praying for the door to open for your next position...then will look forward to seeing you next year. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    Looking forward to meeting & seeing everyone once again. I'll be working the Profantasy Software booth in the exhibit hall #335. I'll try to jump in as many games as possible!
    The guys who make Campaign Cartographer 3, right? Will they have any copies of the latest version of Cosmographer? I'm getting deeper and deeper into my Traveller 5 game, and I think it is time to invest in Cosmographer.

So, I'm guessing there are Wings of War/Glory games scheduled? That whole 'ribbons' thing is just too confusing for my old brain, so I'll probably skip that whole gaming bit and just stroll through the dealer's room looking for 15mm scifi miniatures.

We should have all the updated products available (i'll save you a copy). Get the HOT ribbon with your badge ($20 I think). It will allow access to all Historic minature events (if there is an opening) and grants priority over generic token. I don't think we turned anyone away for events last year, easy enough to add a plane or two.

Who doesn't want more victory points for shooting down another plane? I didn't realize about the HOT ribbon until after. I'll remember that next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    We should have all the updated products available (i'll save you a copy). Get the HOT ribbon with your badge ($20 I think). It will allow access to all Historic minature events (if there is an opening) and grants priority over generic token. I don't think we turned anyone away for events last year, easy enough to add a plane or two.
    Thanks! Hot ribbon it is. I'm looking forward to getting shot down.

HOT ribbon is something you purchase at Origins to allow someone to sign up for events in that area free of charge. I figured how many games I wanted to be a part of and it came to $26, with the HOT badge it was $20 saving me $6. Plus if there are any events I overlooked, I could sign up for if they have open slots.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Thanks! Hot ribbon it is. I'm looking forward to getting shot down.
    Well, sure; we can oblige you there. Just make sure there are roundels on your plane

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    HOT ribbon
    Yes, I was confused too. I gather, and those who know better can correct me if I'm wrong, that to play in a particular game there is a certain dollar amount associated with it. If memory serves, the Wings of Glory games are $2 (though I believe these are paid for with tokens which you buy, as opposed to dollars). If you plan to play in 10 WoWWoG games, you'd break even playing with dollars/tokens. If you plan in playing in 10 WoW games, and a bunch of other historical minis games too, or more than 10 WoW games, than you would want to purchase a ribbon, which costs $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well, sure; we can oblige you there. Just make sure there are roundels on your plane

Karl
    Should I bring planes? I'd rather not, but I'm tempted to bring one or two of my more colorful schemes.

Yes, I was confused too. I gather, and those who know better can correct me if I'm wrong, that to play in a particular game there is a certain dollar amount associated with it. If memory serves, the Wings of Glory games are $2 (though I believe these are paid for with tokens which you buy, as opposed to dollars). If you plan to play in 10 WoWWoG games, you'd break even playing with dollars/tokens. If you plan in playing in 10 WoW games, and a bunch of other historical minis games too, or more than 10 WoW games, than you would want to purchase a ribbon, which costs $20.
    Yes John that is right. Now I think you have to sign-up for each game to guarantee you a spot at the table and I don't know if you need to pay separately for that or your Hot Ribbon covers it. But I do know you have to sign-up for it.

Thomas

Should I bring planes? I'd rather not, but I'm tempted to bring one or two of my more colorful schemes.
    Only if you want to as there will be ample amounts of planes to choose from.

Some of the slightly longer events are $4...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Well heck that is going to make packing a lot easier! I may still bring one small case of planes, just in case--one does not want to be caught short...

Yes John that is right. Now I think you have to sign-up for each game to guarantee you a spot at the table and I don't know if you need to pay separately for that or your Hot Ribbon covers it. But I do know you have to sign-up for it.

Thomas
    Thanks.
    I guess I could find this info by going to the Origins website, but since you guys are so helpful, what about registering for events? Is that something that we can do online? Or do you do it once you are at the con?

I'd rather travel light, so the planes will stay at home. Thanks!

Each game has a limited number of seats (we can expand ours pretty easily by just adding extra planes to the game if there is physical room around the table). To ensure that those seats are filled fairly, Origins has established a hierarchy filling the seats. Below is a list with the "trump" on top:

Registered - Means you signed up for that game during preregistration (now closed) and no one can bump you from the game.
    Ribbons - In the case of our games, it's a HOT (stands for Historical some how) Ribbon. With this Ribbon, you can play in any Historical game just by walking up to the table, so long as it has not been filled by Registered players. This is good way to save some money if you plan on playing a lot of historical games.
    Tokens - Generic Tokens allow you to walk up to any game (does not have to be historical) and "pay" the required amount of tokens (based on the length of the game session being played) to play. If there are Ribbon players wanting to play, they will get the seats before you. If you are not sure what you want to play at Origins, this is the most flexible option.

Hope this helps some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    HOT ribbon
    Andy, I bought you a HOT Ribbon, so you are covered for any of our games and any other historical ones you might want to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Each game has a limited number of seats (we can expand ours pretty easily by just adding extra planes to the game if there is physical room around the table). To ensure that those seats are filled fairly, Origins has established a hierarchy filling the seats. Below is a list with the "trump" on top:

Registered - Means you signed up for that game during preregistration (now closed) and no one can bump you from the game.
    Is there any way at this point to tell what games are full?
    The only thing I know that I want to play that might be "sold out" as it were would be Sails of Glory.
    Last edited by jbmacek; 06-11-2013 at 12:51. Reason: spelling

My scedule unexpectedly cleared a bit, AND Friday is clear on the calendar at work, so I was starting to think of coming, but sounds like it would be too late to try & make last minute arrangements? Oh well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. National: Roll Call, let us know where you are
    By Justin3.14 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-09-2023, 11:24
  2. ORIGINS 2013!
    By Nightbomber in forum Polish Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 01:47
  3. Call for Origins 2012 GMs
    By The Cowman in forum Past Origins Game Fairs