Ares Games

Thread: Wingnut Wings have released their 1/32 Fokker D.VII

Default Wingnut Wings have released their 1/32 Fokker D.VII

I know is too big for WOG, unless you have a much bigger dining room table than I do, BUT you can access a whole bunch of colour schemes for your 1/144 repaints from their website.

I have bought the Oaw version (includes the Rudolph Stark colour scheme! as well as Karl Ritscherle, Franz Buchner, Ulrich Neckel & Willhelm Leusch) to add to my huge stash of unbuilt kits (my wife says I am insulating the house with unbuilt plastic kits )

There are two other versions available: the Fockker version which has decals for Frederich Fredrichs, Willi Gabriel, Hans Schultz, Frtiz Oppenhorst & Gothhard Sachsenberg; the Albatross version with decals for Uffz. Harbers, Fritz Blumenthal, Richard Kraut, Carl Degelow & Hermann Pritsch. As well as this, there are an extra four decal sets for other D.VII's - a huge selection to choose from! You can see the details of each decal sheet, which has 5 extra colour schemes per sheet, on the website.

Check the Oaw version out at http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3080

To see the whole range go to http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 11-26-2012 at 19:16. Reason: Fixed punctuation

Thanks for the heads up Wayne. I've been waiting for this one to come out as well! I've not built any model kits in over 15 years, but I've been buying these for when I retire

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Wayne. I've been waiting for this one to come out as well! I've not built any model kits in over 15 years, but I've been buying these for when I retire
    Me too - so far I have their Bristol F.2b Fighter, Pfalz D.IIIa and soon, this one. I also have a large collection of WW2 stuff in 1/32 scale - hence my wife's comment

I will definitely be finishing it in the Rudolph Stark colours as homage to my late, long-departed grandfather Rudolph Starick whose surname was often shortened to Stark.

I used to model in 1/48th scale as it had good detail and did not take up lots of room. Since I no longer build kits, I thought I could limit my self to WWI aircraft and thus go to the larger scale. Besides, the WNW kits are so nice, how could you not want to build them? I've picked up one of their Albatros D.Va kits and the wife bought me a Pup for a gift last year and I just ordered one of the D.VII kits. So, I don't have many (yet), but for a non-modeler, I'm off to a good start. lol

Well, you might want to have a look at this site (if you don't know it already). It will get you nicely primed for when you are ready to begin building. Lots of hints and tips:

http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/

Nice site. Hopefully it will still be around when finally get to build these.

They have some awesome models... *drool* but ... so ...

If you are into building models check out RODEN models. They have won many awards and form what I know make really good models in a few scales.

Yes, I see RODEN models in lots of the build logs out there. Maybe one of these days I'll pick up one of theirs to compare to the WNW kits.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    If you are into building models check out RODEN models. They have won many awards and form what I know make really good models in a few scales.
    They sure do but, unfortunately for those who want to research alternative colour schemes for their 1/144 repaints, they don't make their instructions available for download. However, Eduard, another source of excellent models (WW1 & WW2) do make theirs available for download.

Similar Missions

1. Wingnut Wings profiles
    By phililphall in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 11:33
  2. Fokker E.III (with wire braced wings)
    By petitbilbo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 05:15
  3. Big Birds Vol.5-1 Released
    By Baldrick62 in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:08
  4. Wing Club 7 Released
    By kaufschtick in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 07:49
  5. WGS: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US