Ares Games

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Entente fighter in the game (minis only)?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nieuport N16

0 0%
  • Nieuport N17

17 10.69%
  • Nieuport N23

1 0.63%
  • Sopwith Camel

68 42.77%
  • Sopwith Snipe

32 20.13%
  • Spad XIII

41 25.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite Entente fighter in the game (minis only)?

I'm not familiar with the SPAD engine problem, but I'm yet to see a SPAD XIII being flown in a game!

For the Nieuport/Albatros problem, I simply play "no overdive" - an attempt to overdive costs an 'A' damage per card, just as for any other illegal manoeuver.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    My vote goes to Nieuport N17. When I leave the battle, any kills I get I've earned.

Tom
    My thoughts exactly. I love to fly it for the challenge. A while ago, I astonished my brother by shooting down his much-vaunted Fokker D.VII in my humble little Nieuport. Oh, what a good feeling! Of course, it doesn't always work out that way... 12 points of damage don't get you far lol!

That's a good thought. never looked at it like that.

Thanks for the wing shredding "no overdive" - an attempt to overdive costs an 'A' damage per card suggestion Tim.

The SPADXIIIs engine issue was due to bad lubrication at speed, so bad that allegedly US pilots claimed the French gave them the rubbish ones and kept the good ones for French Squadrons, probably not too good for Entente cooperation

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I have voted for the Spad XIII as twice have I played Wings of Glory WW1 / WGF and twice have I flown the Spad. Usually I play WW2 / WGS where I enjoy what the biplanes of WW2 (Gloster Gladiator / Sea Gladiator et al) are able to do in terms of manoeuverability and staying within the confines of more compact gaming areas (such as 90 cm x 90 cm) ...

There is one good discussion relating to actual WW1 Biplane Terminology which may be worth looking at as some of the structural elements of biplanes are discussed within this thread. However this does not include or go as far as accommodating strengths and weaknesses of each design within rule modifications: It just examines what in real life may lead to such strengths and weaknesses existing within different types.

As this poll was created prior to the release of the S.E.5a models, I've got to go with the N.17 (and N.11)... despite its tendency to shed wings in a steep dive. It played a critical role for the Entente, especially until replaced by the more powerful Camels and S.E.5s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-09-2020, 16:37
  2. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  3. Your favorite Plane
    By franc3555 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 19:12
  4. Your favorite plane
    By franc3555 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 14:54
  5. Replies: 17