Ares Games

Thread: MoRoTAS Gotha

Default MoRoTAS Gotha

With only two entries in the contest I don't know that it really needs a seperate thread, but I figure I'll post one anyway on principle.

Credits

Model: Ares Games
    Decals: mehusla on E-bay

I came across this photo a bit late in the process:

It's a similar paint scheme to the MoRoTAS bomber, and in the pic the struts defnitely look a different color. It was too late to repaint for the contest, but there's not a lot of detailed paint work or decals near the strust, so I don't think they'd be a problem to repaint in a light grey. Anyone think that would improve the look?

I think it would Todd. I've never liked the struts being the same color on the German bombers. They just blend in to much and there seems to be a lack of detail or contrast in the overall scheme (not yours personally, just in general). I know this was a good thing in real life, but I like a little "pop" to the minis on my table. And if there is a historical example out there, I'd use it to best advantage.

On the photograph, I think it is just a trick of the angle that the light is striking the struts which makes them look lighter. If you look at the underside of them they look darker than the rest of the aircraft.
    Even on your model you get the same effect to some extent Todd.
    Rob.

The colour of struts is OK I think, lighter colour of camouflage..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morotas.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	64062

Similar Missions

1. Possible Gotha sighting
    By PilGrim in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 04:08
  2. SRAM Gotha G.I
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room