Ares Games

Thread: Officially / Unofficially still not quite back among the sane and active...

Default Officially / Unofficially still not quite back among the sane and active...

Greetings from me, The Cowman! A lot of you know me, as there was a time that I was extrememly active here at the Drome. For the last few months I have more or less disappeared from "site".

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Greetings and welcome to those of you who have just joined the site in the last few months. To the rest I say: "Damn! I have missed you guys and gals!"

In the past few months I have spent a lot of time dealing with my health and lack of energy in general. As of late I have taken a more aggressive stance and am hoping the docs can help get me sorted out very soon. I am borrowing this picture from Rick Martin (From his FaceBook account):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sleepykitty.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	61234

That is basically how I have felt for three months now. I have done little other than take care of my new Guard Dog.

Name:	Suri1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	61235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suri2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	61236

I rescued her from the street about three months ago. She has required lots of love and attention and has helped me keep my sanity, as I have gotten out of the house very little.

I am still running a monthly game the second Sunday of each month at The Soldiery. Would love to see as many BGiF members as we can round up for those!

So to you new recruits, I hope to hear lots more from you soon. To my old friends and wingmen, stand warned... the Crazy Old Cowman is coming back full force soon.
    Last edited by The Cowman; 09-26-2012 at 21:43.

Hey Ken,

It is good to hear from you. I have seen a bunch of your posts while browsing the site. Like any hobby interest can wax and wane and usually that has everything to do with our personal lives... I have friends who disappeared but we always stay in close touch cause life happens.

Hope you are feeling better soon. BTW, is that a purebread maltese or a cross of some kind?

Michael

Ken, it's great to hear from you, and have you back on the flightline!!! The Aerodrome has missed seeing the Cowmoflage Camel!!!

Glad to see you back on. I'm still hoping to make it to the Soldiery games. If I'm reading the calendar right the next weekend I have the kids is the FIRST weekend in Oct, which means the 13th I should be free?

In any case, hope you feel better & glad things are starting to pick up for you.

Welcome back, amigo! Still working on your Tomcat... I'm a slow builder, trying to make sure I give you the best canvas for another moo-spot masterpiece I can.

DAKADAKDAKADAKADAKA! Huns couldn't wait to see their old adversary in the air again Welcome back, Ken

Hello again Ken, missed your comments, hope all goes better for you

Yo Ken ! Good to see you back in the circuit old chap. Now what's all this rubbish about being back among the sane.....?!

Glad to see you around the forum again Ken. And I can say that that guard-dog sure loves Ken. She sticks to him like glue.

Thomas

Oh no. The Camo-Camel is back again!

Time to teach our new Central Power recruits about this great Aerodrome Member!

I saw photos with you from the Origins event 12. Good to see you back in action here at the Aerodrome!

Glad to see you back Ken - we've missed you!

What-ho Ken, good to hear from you again. Hope you are on the up, health-wise.

Cute looking wingman you have there, how can anyone dump a dog like that. But surely, Sopwith would be a more appropriate name?

Good to have you back.
    I'm hoping to get to the Soldery, but events keep conspiring against me.
    See you soon (I hope).
    Karl

Almost four years ago, we got a ferocious guard dog from the pound.
    For the first six months, we called him the sticky dog because I could not go into another room without him following me and sitting against me.
    I think that rescue dogs really appreciate having a good home.

Name:	DSCF0012.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	61247

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Serenity is a MaltiPoo
    Looks like a sort of dog to me!

On a serious note, it's nice to see you back on the forum and on the flight line. And I've just made a pot of tea. Biscuit anyone?

Have you got ginger nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Have you got ginger nuts?
    That's a very personal question, I've a ginger beard and I'll leave you to use your imagination as to the rest

Well Ken, I am really pleased to see your old moocow again.
    Your new Wingman looks like a true and trusty friend.
    However, I suggest that you keep an eye on your bratworst when he is flying with you.
    Keep in touch old pal.
    Rob.

Good to see you alive and kicking Ken.

You may consider yourself lucky for getting that dog, since dogs are not only known to actually help convalescence but, unlike cats, they do not treat you as a loud, mobile, occasionally useful piece of furniture.

Good to see ya on the forums once again. All the best in getting back to where you want to be health wise. Your dog is a good looking pup and many a times a rescue dog has rescued the master right back. Ours did wonders for the wifes health got to drop some pills out of her usual mix once we got em. Now if only you could train em to play some wings

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    You may consider yourself lucky for getting that dog, since dogs are not only known to actually help convalescence but, unlike cats, they do not treat you as a loud, mobile, occasionally useful piece of furniture.
    "In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this." - Terry Pratchett

Welcome back Ken. I know your new friend will bring you much joy. I had mine for 18 years and she was my best friend just there when I needed a good friend. You take care and keep in touch with all of us as much as you can. You are a friend to all.

Thumbs up

G'day Ken me ole mate!
    We have certainly missed your erudite posts & sense of humour. (who can forget all the Flying Cow posts!)

Hope you will be up for Offensive Patrols ASAP.

P.S. Really nice doggie!

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    That's a very personal question, I've a ginger beard and I'll leave you to use your imagination as to the rest
    One hour and 22 minutes before someone bit

I loved the cat photo. Thanks for posting that, it made me laugh.

Similar Missions

1. Officially back on duty
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 00:48
  2. It is Officially the Future!
    By Tommy Z in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 01:32