Ares Games

Thread: Free paper buildings in 1/285 scale

Default Free paper buildings in 1/285 scale

Hi all, I was sent this link by GHQ models, scroll to the bottom of the page.

The buildings are in 1/285 scale and are a cheap and easy source for mission targets such as bombing,straffing, photo recon etc.

http://www.ghqmodels.com/pages/military/freestuff.asp

I clicked on a few and they work ok but some of them had some issue and wouldn't open for me, the ones that did though look OK!

TD

Users Country Flag

Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Nice find....Down loaded them all. Which ones did you not get see if there is a way of getting them too you

vC

Hi Trevor.
    They look great, and what is more important, they are free. I think the shed will be a vast improvement on the tents the flight are living in at the moment. With a bit of work on it we could even turn it into a decent hanger.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

nice seen them before but kept on forgetting to download them all.

Also downloaded their micro armour rules as well

Cheers
    GW

Thumbs up Very nice!

I'm really impressed. However, I want to know how do you fly over a three dimensional object? I have always used cards so I can place the aircraft's stand on it while flying over it.

Thanks for the help,
    Volant Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant Gun View Post
    I'm really impressed. However, I want to know how do you fly over a three dimensional object? I have always used cards so I can place the aircraft's stand on it while flying over it.

Thanks for the help,
    Volant Gun.
    Get a clear plastic cup and place it over the building then place you plane on top of the plastic cup/vessel/container etc...or a clear glass version could work.

these buildings aren't that big and the vessel/cup/container should fit over the 3D terrain easy enough.

hope that idea helps.

Cheers
    GW

What I have done in the past with the AA battery and winch lorry for my balloon is to have a card with the plan on it under the model. Then just move the model aside whilst the plane moves over it. Replace model on card base and Bob's your aunty. Not ideal but I only put these models on for aesthetics. Otherwise we get into the one about apparent size at differing altitudes, and I don't want to get into that one. How you cope with large stretches of undulating terrain I don't know. Maybe we can fit a ball joint at the bottom of the flight stand as well as at the top to ensure stable level flight. I will have to experiment with that one.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Name
    Paul
    Sorties Flown

There's also a few buildings here in 15mm scale; they're from WWII, but French village architecture hasn't changed that much over the past 200 years or so.

I designed them to be assembled quickly yet still look reasonably good. Because I game in 15mm and 1/285, the buildings can be assembled easily at the smaller scale. There's even some ruined buildings that are easily customizable so you can add that authentic wartime look.

Unfortunately DP9 has removed the preview pictures, here are a couple attached.

http://www.dp9.com/index.php?option=...=16&Itemid=146

They're free as well, which really makes all the difference.

The giant robots are not included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   3a.jpg   6.jpg  

Similar Missions

1. Free Aerial Photos
    By bumblie3 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 06:38
  2. 1/285 Carriers
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 12:49
  3. Fiddlers Green Paper Models