Ares Games

Thread: Zero Damage

Default Zero Damage

Just had a game against my son. He had a P40E and a P40C, I had an A6M2 and a Ki-43-2

One of the A chits he dealt to me was a 0. None of the B's were.

All of the chits, C, B, and A, I dealt to him had pretty much exhausted all of the 0's in the mix. Didn't even scratch his paintwork. Zero damage...

Someone has to say it. It may as well be me. Holy chit!

I do not know what it is, but my son also seems to have this kind of luck. Me on the other hand, I tend to draw the explosions.

I guess youth out flys their older counterpart. Must have faster reaction times I guess.

Thomas

You've got to go closer, Zoe!

Half-ruler distance & aim bonus should knock out every allied plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Half-ruler distance & aim bonus should knock out every allied plane.
    He was shooting at long range (BA/BA), I was shooting at short (CCA / B). Then we had a point blank head-on : BBB/BBB vs CCA/B. None of his 6 B's failed to score. My CCAB scored 0000, as they had before.

Basically, he had a total of BA+BA+BBB+BBB, I had a total of B+B+B+A+A+CCA+CCA with 0 hits. Neither of us got off any consecutive shots on the same target.

There were no explosions drawn - one BBB did 12 points on its own! Only one of his A's missed.

I have a theory about young people playing games involving luck - they have not had the time to rack up as much 'bad karma' as we more mature folk.

My 11 year old son is renowned in my role playing game group for the number of 20's he rolls!

I would make sure the armourers go over your guns Zoe, it appears they need to be 're-zeroed'

Hard luck, Zoe!

We both enjoyed the game immensely anyway. Kudos to the designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    ..., I had a total of B+B+B+A+A+CCA+CCA with 0 hits.
    I think, some higher dice godness realized, that your pilot had a) too much sake b) forgot his glasses in the airfiled barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I have a theory about young people playing games involving luck - they have not had the time to rack up as much 'bad karma' as we more mature folk....
    On that basis Carl they should quickly accrue some for 'beating on old people' !!!

Youth may be an advantage. One of the players in my games draws more zeros than the rest of the table. I gamed with him the first time in 1975!I do no

Rich

Although I've played with this sort of thing occuring rarely, I find it far less utilizing chits (or cards) than in games involving dice. The randomness seems to be reduced with chits than with rolling of dice (cursed little things)

Well, the probabilities change with every draw of the card/chit.
    With dice, they stay the same (unless you get "bit by the bear").
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well, the probabilities change with every draw of the card/chit.
    Depends on the group -- some have the player record damage, then put the chit back....

(Reminds: Need to find a file showing what the various chit-draw possibilities are, so I can plug it into the randomizer program which came with the _Heavy Metal Pro_ software....)

Similar Missions

1. Damage box.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:47
  2. Damage cards vs. Damage chits
    By Ericdagamer in forum Hobby Room
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:25
  3. Anyway to get new damage decks?
    By Piteas in forum Aerodrome Accessories