Ares Games

Thread: Nieuport 28 Weak Upper Wing

Default Nieuport 28 Weak Upper Wing

I was just trying to fill out some extra aircraft to go with Eddie Rickenbackers Spad XIII and thought the 94th Aero could use some 28's. I noticed the stats are available in the Files section and i can get models from Skytrex/ Red Eagle.

my thought was that when reading as to why the AEF swapped from the more maneuverable 28 to the faster Spad XIII one reason was due to the 28 shedding fabric from the top wing when pulling out of a steep dive.

To reflect this I was thinking of drawing a C deck damage card after performing an overdive with the 28.

I would welcome your thoughts and are there any other aircraft which had a similar problem (thought I remembered reading about the lower wing on the Alb DII and DIII)

That sounds interesting. I think I would only apply the explosion card and ignore everything else. That to me, would flavor the game with the catastrophic failures, with out penalizing those planes too much.

I did think of having the "all or nothing" approach, however the report I read said that the 28 was prone to "losing fabric" so I thought there could be varying degrees of damage, but to ignore any special damage.

Similar Missions

1. Converting a Nieuport 16 to a Nieuport 11
    By Baldrick62 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 04:05
  2. Nieuport Tri-wing
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 13:46
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 23:58
  4. Trade: Nieuport 16 Prince for Nieuport 16 de Guibert