Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wings of War PBeM

Hi Adam, Paul W and Nicolas your names are now on the list of interested players.
    We will contact you by an announcement on this thread and by PMs.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adam
    Sorties Flown

YAY

Moutik

kk thanks. i m looking forward the next game

I'm interested if you're still recruiting pilots.

Yupper Iain. Your name is in our "little book".
    Same goes for the others on this thread who have already expressed interest.

I think that we'll get at least one new PBeM game started before Christmas, and if another few Game Masters come forward we can start more.
    BUT, our priority (Bill and I) after this likey-the-last "test" game, is to finish the "standard" PBeM rules (Altitude and Non-Altitude) and ask Oberst Hajj to post them on an appropriate file.
    Then we will see what we have time to do.
    In my case, we (the Wilson Family and Friends Gaming Group) play face-to-face once a month from Mid-Oct to End-of-April (8 game-days), and I also run 3 OR 4 PBem games for the groups' diaspora during the same "winter" period.
    So, no promises except that we'll use the list that this thread and out test games have generated before we make an "open" call.

I know I said it once and I'll say it again I would be happy to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Bruce.

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

Are rookies welcome in the skies?

Hi back Mike and David. Gotcha on our list. No worries.
    Rookies are great David; the best type of PBeM game to start-with is an "Every-pilot-for-himself-Dogfight".
    Then, a "Teams' (Allies vs Germans) game without altitude rules.
    Then, any form of altitude-rules PBeM game.

The key for new WoW PBeM gamers is to be available to play for a 6 week period; and to be reliable about submitting your manoeuvres.
    If you are not reliable, your Game Master will not be happy about responding to your questions.
    Also, having an on-line friend (another player) to bounce-questions-off-of is a good way to get answers rather than burden the Game Master.

But, even with a group of experienced WoW gamers, I usually get 1 or sometimes 2 questions each Turn but they are often "what if questions". Especially if the game involves ground targets that shoot-back, bombing and AA Guns.

A Game Master should ideally provide the players with the location of reference materials for most rules "stuff" outside the Official Basic Rules and also several pages of information related directly to his game.

PBeM Game 5 starts on 26 Sep. I've got 10 players; all are from this thread.

It's a WoW Team Dogfight game (Germans VS Allies) set in Aug-Oct 1916. 2 Nieuport 17s and 3 Airco DH2s against 1 Fokker E.III, 2 Siemens-Schuckert D.Is and 2 Halberstadt D.IIIs. And, of course, each player gets a progessively more damaged replacement AC when his original AC leaves the board or is shot-down. This idea of giving each player a replacement AC (albeit a damaged one, keeps players in the game for much longer without giving them a playing advantage over most players who have managed to stay in thr game. I always hated getting shot-down on the 2nd or 3rd Turn and then having to twiddle my thumbs until the game finished (usually Turn 15).

I'll write updates as the game progresses; and perhaps I'll find somebody who can guide me in how to post photos.

Count me in Bruce..
    Jeff Jones
    jlejones@coslink.net

Skip Johnson

Mark
    Would Like to Play. I played a game on line with peter Sides before Either side

Skip Johnson
    E-mail skipjohnson2@Gmail.com

Hi would love to play a PBeM game! Sign me up please.

Ho, that's right I'm playing already. Thanks Bruce

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. Wings of War PBEM Flyers wanted
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 06:56
  2. Wings of War Video's
    By ff151 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 13:07
  3. Repaint Contest - Win a Wings of War or Dawn of War box set!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:30
  4. Evolution of Wings of War
    By Jmac in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:07