Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: Gratitude in a Thread with Three Posts

  1. #51

    Default

    If you are going to drift off thread, the Officer's club is the place for it.
    (He said, not daring to cast the first stone in case it bounced back and hit him.)
    Rob.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If you are going to drift off thread, the Officer's club is the place for it.
    (He said, not daring to cast the first stone in case it bounced back and hit him.)
    Rob.
    We aren't drifting at all. This was in it's very conception a drifter thread... And it is already in the Officer's club. Care for a G&T by the pool, old friend?

  3. #53

    Default

    Incredible shopping action, Joaquim.

    We had Clippers Caprin Ca.4 in Prague (with the best bomber pilot we could get) and it was real fun.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Incredible shopping action, Joaquim.

    We had Clippers Caprin Ca.4 in Prague (with the best bomber pilot we could get) and it was real fun.
    It wasn't a shopping action, Sven. I had written an paper about why I should have a Fossmann Triplane and David (Clipped) decided that I should have one. Instead he sent me not one, but 5 of his own crafted planes.

    It wasn't shopping. It was friendship.

  5. #55

    Default

    I think of insteas of "Uuchu Senkan Yamato" this works too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWQHQ-bMTQ

  6. #56

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Good initiative!
    I think this thread is way past the "drifting" stage (and yes, I know that I'm partly to blame for that). But, that's what makes many of Joaquim's threads so interesting - They're so eclectic, almost like living things.

    /Niclas
    Yes Niclas they tend to take on a life of their own but thats what we love about him.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    We aren't drifting at all. This was in it's very conception a drifter thread... And it is already in the Officer's club. Care for a G&T by the pool, old friend?
    Sorry Joaquim.
    It was another one of those British "In my humble opinion" statements."
    It actually means:- this is the place for it right here in the Officers' Club, and I am ducking my head because I have gone off thread in other serious posts elsewhere on the Drome and got a for it myself. So I can't afford to criticise any one elses posts.
    The G&T sounds a great idea.
    Rob.

  8. #58

    Default

    David we will add you to our prayer list.
    Rest well my friend.
    It's time fo the young bucks to show us what they can do.
    Linz

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    I think of insteas of "Uuchu Senkan Yamato" this works too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWQHQ-bMTQ
    Okay. One more way for this thread going on drifting!! I like it.

    I would choose this one also:


  10. #60

    Default

    Apologies for dragging this thread back on track again but:

    Singles guns

    [

    Twin guns (Still not up to the 42 MGs quoted)





    Right, that's me done - I'm off to salvage what's left of my weekend
    Last edited by Guntruck; 08-19-2012 at 12:31.

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sorry Joaquim.
    It was another one of those British "In my humble opinion" statements."
    It actually means:- this is the place for it right here in the Officers' Club, and I am ducking my head because I have gone off thread in other serious posts elsewhere on the Drome and got a for it myself. So I can't afford to criticise any one elses posts.
    The G&T sounds a great idea.
    Rob.
    It's a linguistic lapse of my part, Rob.
    Sometimes it is hard to understand subtleties in other languages. I think that wars were fought on account of a joke being taken as something more serious.

    In Portuguese "full of grace" can also mean "funny". Saying that to Cleopatra might grant you a head cut.

  12. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Apologies for dragging this thread back on track again but:








    Right, that's me done - I'm off to salvage what's left of my weekend
    Amazing!! We were just making small talk and waiting for this!!

    Thanks!! Thanks!! Thanks!!

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Sweet something or other - How do you attack something like that?!
    All those guns...

    /Niclas
    Last edited by Niclas; 09-01-2012 at 02:30.

  14. #64

    Default

    Clipper - THANK YOU! The Pacific NW received one of these that we will be "checking out" to clubs. So, we plan to send this to the Museum of Flight event at Boeing in November. Truly this is such an awesome gift Clipper...wow. Pictures to the website here will be a requirement of any use or display.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Incredible shopping action, Joaquim.

    We had Clippers Caprin Ca.4 in Prague (with the best bomber pilot we could get) and it was real fun.
    Thanks for the compliment, dear Friend, but I think it was you who shot me down then!

  16. #66

    Default

    http://seanavalgazing.blogspot.com/2...day-recap.html

    Clipper it made its NW debute yesterday ...this will take you to the summary. Wasn't included in a scenario, but that is being discussed...was attributed to the Astoria group...we'll get that corrected in the near future. BUT THANK YOU! Wow..

    Truly remarkable.

    R

  17. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterton View Post
    http://seanavalgazing.blogspot.com/2...day-recap.html

    Clipper it made its NW debute yesterday ...this will take you to the summary. Wasn't included in a scenario, but that is being discussed...was attributed to the Astoria group...we'll get that corrected in the near future. BUT THANK YOU! Wow..

    Truly remarkable.

    R
    Good to see what was going on Rod.
    Thanks for your post and link to the blog.
    Clipper's bird did look very fine.
    Rob.

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterton View Post
    http://seanavalgazing.blogspot.com/2...day-recap.html

    Clipper it made its NW debute yesterday ...this will take you to the summary. Wasn't included in a scenario, but that is being discussed...was attributed to the Astoria group...we'll get that corrected in the near future. BUT THANK YOU! Wow..

    Truly remarkable.

    R
    Looks like a great time. Well done guys. Love to see boardgaming brought back to the public eye. Keep up the good work.

    Thomas

  19. #69

    Default Using the Monster in Battle?

    OK,
    Now that I've flown this thing (Link: Slay the Leviathan - Solo Trial), I have a few questions:

    1. Is the C gun in front used the same way as AA guns (IE: Three phase reload), or is it an auto-cannon with rapid fire (IE: every maneuver card)?

    2. There were no crew hits in my trial, but as the fuselage is all one piece, the gunners should be able to move from any gun to any other gun. Thoughts? Perhaps the C gun crews could be specialists, and not interchangable with the A guns.

    3. The Management Card shows only 5 engines, but there are actually 10. Does it take 10 hits to start stalling, or just 5, and 10 to take it out of the air?

    Any advice would be welcome, and if something didn't happen in the scenario that might be worth considering (planning for), that too would be good to know.

    Thanks to Dave [Clipper1801] for the awesome plane, and Steve [Guntruck] for the cards!

    Also, to the NHMGS (Tony [Pflanzer] and Rod [Ritterton]) for letting me have custody of it for a few months.

    Mike
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 06-02-2013 at 13:16. Reason: Title

  20. #70

    Default

    I managed to get a game together to play this monster against people, with the help of a group of patient 'drome members:

    The AAR is here: SND - International Skype Game - Slay the Leviathan - 8/9 June 2013.

    Carnage in the air!

    Mike



Similar Missions

  1. TO THE BAR--- 3000 posts!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 03:04
  2. 500 Posts and Shiny New Bars :)
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 06:00
  3. 20˛ posts: drinkt are on me!
    By petitbilbo in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 06:56
  4. Why do some posts make the Home page but others don't?
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 07:16
  5. Height Marker Posts
    By rosscoc87 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 11:22

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •