Ares Games

Thread: The Female Brain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Default The Female Brain

As I have already written about in another thread this evening, I've just had a rather fun little battle with my wife and daughter. I fly for the Allies while my wife and daughter fly for the Central Powers. Most of the time the game went brilliantly but then for some unknown reason my wife suddenly tried to shoot at my daughter. I was amazed (and somewhat scared) and had to explain to her that in war you only shoot at your enemies not your friends. I'm certainly glad she wasn't in my unit when I was still serving

So I have to ask, do those of you who also allow your women folk to play have similar issues or am I alone in this problem (PS whats really scary is that she's a trainee primary school teacher. Lets hope she never has to teach WWI)

The question I would ask is this: What did your daughter do in the last day or so to piss your wife off?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Geoff
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    The question I would ask is this: What did your daughter do in the last day or so to piss your wife off?
    I bet she chose the red plane instead of the purple one!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierSteve View Post
    who also allow your women folk to play
    Wasn't funny the first time, isn't funny now...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Good question, thanks. I shall have to investigate

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    Wasn't funny the first time, isn't funny now...
    That of course depends on your sense of humour which I can tell you from my experience of serving in the British Army in several countries including Germany, is influenced by culture. However if I have offended you I publicly appologise.

That said, my wife, who is usually the butt of my jokes, saw the post before I submitted it and she thought it was funny. Had the little woman been offended then you would never have seen it at all as I wouldn't have submitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierSteve View Post
    Had the little woman been offended then you would never have seen it at all as I wouldn't have submitted it.
    OK, if she knows what you say about her everything is fine. Just wasn't sure if you really were joking...

You lucky... I wish my wife would play a game with me once and a while...
    ( and before you go there..I do mean WARgame )

I am a member of a wargaming club in Ghent ( Be ) and when I joined up I found out , much to my surprize, that there where quit a number of ladies who were playing. When I started the hobby around '83 there were fewer of them.( read: almost none...times change )
    Now if I could only lure my wife or daughter into a game of good-old-fashioned Squad leader... ( they probably would knock my socks of )

I'm not sure, but it may be best if you and the rest of the family wear bullet proof vests for the next few days just to be on the safe side.

My wife's favorite format for games is Demolition Derby style-each player takes one plane and it's a free-for-all with everyone attacking everyone, regardless of nationality. Last plane flying wins.

Yep, my wife does a very creditable job of shooting my planes down. We alternate sides/countries...though she prefers the central powers...probably because they're more colorful?! She has not yet shot her own planes...but I have crashed into mine occasionally...probably too much "priming" prior to the battle

what? wife? touching MY toys, no chance matey!!!!
    (ouch should have looked before writing that she behind me)
    Yes dear of course dear and no the red cockpit doesnt make your behind look big

I look at it this way, if they are shooting each other, they are not shooting YOU!!!