Ares Games

View Poll Results: If you live in the U.S., have you been able to get your hands on the new planes yet?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I ordered through an internet store, and received them

10 25.64%
  • I ordered through an internet store, but did not receive them yet

5 12.82%
  • I got them at my local store (not a storefront for a big internet store)

3 7.69%
  • I pre-ordered at my local store (not a storefront for an internet store), but they have not come in

2 5.13%
  • I went to a local store, expecting them to be there, and was disappointed.

2 5.13%
  • I live outside the U.S., and did not expect August 6th availability, but I like polls.

17 43.59%

Thread: Series 5 availability

Hybrid View

Default Series 5 availability

Have you been able to pick up any ofthe series 5 planes yet, and if so, how?

missing option; pre-ordered from an internet store (12-7 or CoolStuffInc) and received (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    missing option; pre-ordered from an internet store (12-7 or CoolStuffInc) and received (or not).
    Are those not options 1 & 2?

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    I will be ordering from an internet site, and the planes are available, but haven't placed the order yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord22 View Post
    I will be ordering from an internet site, and the planes are available, but haven't placed the order yet!
    Order placed tonight!

Ordered mine from coolstuffinc today. Roughly 100 USD with my redemption pts as I have used them quite extensively in the past. Last time I looked at 12-7 they needed to restock.
    Last edited by Willi Von Klugermann; 08-12-2012 at 18:49.

I am still deciding what to order. I'm not that crazy about the two monoplanes but with the exception of two of the four bombers, I've got everything WW I so far. Shall I continue this insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I am still deciding what to order. I'm not that crazy about the two monoplanes but with the exception of two of the four bombers, I've got everything WW I so far. Shall I continue this insanity?
    Absolutely !!!!!

Smile

Well not in the post today so hopefully tomorrow. Note to Zoe: Not only do you enjoy Saturday Postal deliveries in Canberra you just get stuff quicker than NSW.
    Must be something to do with living in the National Capitol!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Well not in the post today so hopefully tomorrow. Note to Zoe: Not only do you enjoy Saturday Postal deliveries in Canberra you just get stuff quicker than NSW.
    Must be something to do with living in the National Capitol!
    Same here in Brisbane Barry. Still not worth moving to Canberra

Had this been a multiple choice poll, I'd have vote for options 1 and 4. The ones I order from 12-7 Games showed up a couple of days ago, while the ones I per-ordered with my LGS should be here this week.

I ordered from 12-7 and they arrived on Saturday whilst I was away.I am expecting to pick mine up from the Mail sorting office this morning.
    Rob.

Did you get your planes Rob?, did Mr import get you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Did you get your planes Rob?, did Mr import get you?
    Yes he*!**!!* did. £11. sodding 80. for $27 worth of planes, but with the discount I still came out about even, and several weeks earlier than a U.K. distribution. When you get to my age weeks get very important.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yes he*!**!!* did. £11. sodding 80. for $27 worth of planes, but with the discount I still came out about even, and several weeks earlier than a U.K. distribution. When you get to my age weeks get very important.
    Rob.
    Ahhh !!!! Don't let anyone kid you...you're still a young buck Rob.

Yes he*!**!!* did. £11. sodding 80. for $27 worth of planes
    Rob.
    to coin a phrase "RATS" I'm hoping mine turn up soon, been away and got back today, nothing in the post yet so I don't think I missed them, was it Royal M who deliver or a.n.other ?

Parcel Farce.
    Rob.
    Ta

I could not resist the last option. Sad thing is so did 50% of those who voted did too.
    I will get mine through my LGS it will cost me more but it keeps the game on the shelves for newbies.
    Linz

Picked up my early birds today although HMC&E added an extra £20. But got them in my grubby mits and more on pre order for repaints.

Mine also coming from 12-7 via Parcelfarce - so I hope mine arrive soon (and that I don't get stung too hard)

Glad to hear others have received their preorders from 12-7 but I can't say the same. Preordered 9 of 12 in late July ( that's what their website indicated had available qty's ), received confirmation they have the order and processed my payment but have had nada since, no email indicating shipment enroute, no email indicating a delay for restocking, no planes...sorely disappointing. In the meantime have picked up the other three planes from my LGS. Patience has it's limits..

Thomas, shoot Bill and email at contactus@12-7-games.com or (877) 787-9366 and I am positive he will sort you out right away!

They are available in my local store, but you'd have to come to Toronto!

My "Local Store" is 1000 km away. They still don't have them. I got mine through 12-7 last week.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    My "Local Store" is 1000 km away. They still don't have them.
    Surely if you start walking now, they'll have them by the time you get there...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    My "Local Store" is 1000 km away. They still don't have them. I got mine through 12-7 last week.
    I think this gives new meaning to the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Surely if you start walking now, they'll have them by the time you get there...?
    This may become the forum definition for 'walkabout'

Thumbs up

Us Aussies have to give 12-7 a BIG thumbs up as we have our Aircraft & the local distributer/retailer still has not commenced shipping & dont know if they even have stock yet. They are not very good at communication.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Probably not their fault - us Europeans are all in the same boat too; nobody has stock yet, and nobody has information - they're on a boat somewhere and until it turns up, that's all the information we've got.... . You can't communicate if basically you don't know #%*$ - we don't have a release date to work with, just have to wait and see, which is a real joy....

There are stories (myth or fact?) of containers falling of roro-ships in storms and then drifting about the high seas containing cars or whatever. What if there's a container floating about out there with series 5 planes (or even series 1 ones)? Sadly my bit of coastline isn't by any major cargo route, so there's no point in sitting on the beach hoping for one of those to drift in.

/Niclas

There are stories (myth or fact?) of containers falling of roro-ships in storms and then drifting about the high seas containing cars or whatever.
    Fact, not myth. IIRC the estimate for the number of containers lost overboard and floating around out there is in the region of 3000+. Now, many of those will have sunk, but many will float and depending on the currents they can travel thousands of miles. I recall a set that drifted ashore in Oz that had been lost off the coast of North America. And some can be neutrally buoyant, floating just below the surface. A colleague was involved in repairing the bulbous bow of a tanker which hit an "unidentified submerged object" (but which took an almost perfect 8' by 8' 6" square out of the bulb) - the hit was about 10' below the waterline and the crew didn't actually realise they'd hit something until the ship was docked for maintenance.

I caved in and ordered mine from the U.S. What's a man to do? Wait for some unknown date whilst many others are adding to and enjoying their collections? There's no doubt though that I'll buy some more if they ever get to Blighty.

Quote Originally Posted by deephorse View Post
    I caved in and ordered mine from the U.S. What's a man to do? Wait for some unknown date whilst many others are adding to and enjoying their collections? There's no doubt though that I'll buy some more if they ever get to Blighty.
    I think many of us will buy extras for re-paints locally, when or if the local shops decide to stock the line. I suppose the problem is that with such effective competition from online retailers some FLGS may simply decide it's not worth the effort. Bricks and mortar can't compete with 12-7 and the like. Earlier this year I bought three Gothas from an Australian online retailer Milsims for $40.00 each with postage and two Capronis from a local seller for $42 each, just to support Australian businesses. I could have bought the same five minis from 12-7 for $22.50 each, with $30 postage. The privilege of buying local cost me $202, compared to the $142.50 the same products would have cost me through 12-7, and they were in my hands a month later than 12-7 can deliver.

As keen as I am to buy from shops in my area, paying 30% more for 'luxury' items like gaming gear is not economically sustainable.

A freind is coming over from the US and offered to bring some stuff foe me so I have a couple of Moranes and a couple of Eindeckers. Works out at less than 8 quid each. I thought about the DH2s and Halberstadts, but to be honest my models "from an alternate supplier" are just fine, and when I'm looking at a house move and some expensive times ahead shelling out for aircraft that i already have is a luxury I can't afford.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Seeking some series 1-3 minis, have some of series 1, 2 and 4 to trade
    By Xen in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:06
  2. National Availability of Ares miniatures
    By Harry Tate in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 08:06
  3. Aircraft Availability?
    By rosscoc87 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6