Ares Games

Thread: Mission 9: Gun Ho! Part 2 (Central Powers - Blackronin)

Default Mission 9: Gun Ho! Part 2 (Central Powers - Blackronin)

Gun Ho! - Part 2: To Kill a Mockingbird

"We've returned to base and immediately started to arm Rittmeister Gunthar's bomber with a full load of bombs." "Now it starts the best part, Joachim... You told Rittmeister Gunthar that you would lead the mission?!" "I never said that! I merely pointed out that his wingman seemed sick and that I should fly the other plane." "And what did Rittmeister Gunthar said?" "That I was a madman and that he washed his hands of all the affair..." "So I told the other pilot, Leutnent Something... that he shouls see the doctor at the infirmary and I took his place." "And Leutnent Andrzej grabbed the gunner from the bomber and also took his place?!!" "Of course, Hauptmann Gabriel, he wanted to go with me..." "I must drink something..." "So we took off immediately..."

"We were in a tight formation. If only we could reach the gun before they sent another squadron..." "You went in without fighter support?! One of those ideas you discussed with the Rittmeister?!" "Ahhh... Yes. I thought that if we sent only to planes they might think that we were patrolling again and we could pass by without problems." "And did it work well?" "Mmmm... No. The French must have made a call to their British friends... Three Camels fell on us right there..."

"And you?" "We've kept our course. We were so close..."

"They came at us so quickly and with such purpose that I immediately understood that they knew what our mission was..." "So, three Camels and flack!" "Strangely sir, no flack." "No?! Why?" Maybe we caught them by surprise..." "We were so fast in returning..."

"I was following Rittmeister Gunthar. He kept going towards the target. And it happened..."

"Two Camels were in position to fire against us. One fired against us and suddenly his weapons were silenced. The other fired against Rittmeister Gunthar's plane. It exploded then and there. The explosion shook out plane and I thought that I had made everything wrong..." "Indeed..." "All it rested for me was to blow up that gun..." "So you proceeded?!" "After Rittmeister Gunthar's sacrifice? How could we not?" "So what, then?" "Andrzej start machineguning the camel that shot down Rittmeister Gunthar's plane..."

"The British made a immelmann near us and Andrzej hit him squarely in the cockpit. He died or lost conscience. It doesn't really matter. The way that plane hit the ground... He was dead either ways..."

"I've pressed the attack against the gun. I direct the plane there and I just needed the time to unload the bombs." The two other Camels lost the nerve for a moment. Andrzej shouted to me that he would hold them and so I concentrated only in my bombing run..."

"They're back, shouted Andrzej, but at that moment I was looking for the gun..."

"I felt the bullet raking the back of our plane, but then I saw it, French soldiers running away from where La Marianne Chanteuse was hidden. I dropped my load of bombs..."

"And hell broke loose... She would sing no more..." "And then?!" "Let's at least try to land on our side, I shouted to Andrzej, and he shouted back, let's at least try to land home! And he poured another terribly well laid stray of bullets... One of the Camels erupted in flames..."

"With everything burning around us we start turning towards our lines. Andrzej making a wonderful work protecting our plane... I would be glad just to cross No-man's land..."

"The burning Camel kept firing at us like a demon... Andrzej kept raking him with bullets, but it seemed that he wouldn't go down..."

"The fire seemed not to slow him down..."

"I kept going to our lines..."

"For an instant we thought they would quit..."

"But they insisted... And the Camel's fired burned out by itself."

"And he cleverly put himself in a blid spot. We were being hit and Andrzej couldn't fire back..."

"We were hit again, this time in the tail..."

"I decided to give Andrzej's a hand..."

"So I turned right..."

"And Andrzej took the opportunity and hit him squarely in the engine... The Camel start to move away..."

"Only one now."

He fired several times and Andrzej fired back... But as we moved away he decided that it was enough and they retired..." "So here you are..." "Yes..." "Should I send you to jail, ask for a medal for both of you, or should I send for a promotion, so that you can order other people around without the problem of being outranked?!" "Ah, not the first thing and maybe both the second and third?!" "Have a drink, Joachim, while I decide... Silencing that gun was a major achievement..."

Post Battle Information:

The Big French Gun is no more. La Marianne Chanteuse isn't widely known because it was destroyed so quickly.

The situation after the end of the mission:

One Camel Destroyed.
    Two Damaged Camels:

One Destroyed Rumpler.
    One Returning Damaged Rumpler:

Combat Rooster:

Ltn. Joachim Marseille - 0 Kills (Has now 9 kills. 8 planes and 1 balloon.)
    Andrzej Kohen - 1 Kill (Has now 3 kills.)

"So, how it went with Hauptmann Gabriel?" "Very well Andrzej. We will be court-martial-led or we will receive a medal and probably a promotion..." "Oh! Well, there is only one thing to do in this situation..." "What?!" "A visit to the bar..."

Another cracking AAR Joaquim ! Well done on pressing home with the attack & scoring big

Well done Quim.
    Your attack was worthy of what is best in both sides. I almost said that I liked your dogged determination, but was afraid that your comrades might take it for more British humour.
    Even your attitude to the threat of courts martial was appropriate.
    Just what Kyte would have said.
    Thanks for yet another super AAR. It was almost worth producing it just for this one alone.
    Rob.

Successful run, Joaquim.

...even if one twoseater explodes.

Thank you, my friends.
    You are too generous Rob.

Just like in the movies, or even better! I'm having an evening glass of red wine for this SUPREME & BRILLIANT REPORT.
    Man, that was a fantastic read.
    When I go back to those dark times when you were not with us here, I know - it was worth waiting for

I kept my promise. Not only the rudder survived, but we scratched one Camel.

Thanks, my friend. It is very good to be back.

Looks like Marseille will have to get his tenth kill in the prototype

Similar Missions

1. AAR Mission 9: Gun Ho! Part 1 (Central Powers - Blackronin)
    By Blackronin in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 11:50
  2. AAR Mission 8: Bomb the Base (Central Powers - Blackronin)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 09:10
  3. AAR Mission 7: Catch Me If You Can! (Central Powers - Blackronin)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 08:39
  4. AAR Mission 6: Death Flies High (Central Powers - Blackronin)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:42
  5. AAR Mission 5: Balloon Challenge (Central Powers - Blackronin)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:46