Ares Games

Thread: More medals than Team GB!

Talking More medals than Team GB!

Yet another bit of bling has come my way, for uploading 100 or more Files for the benefit of other members. Definitely going to need a bigger tunic or start wearing them on my back

Anyway, in the time honoured tradition, everyone to the bar, drinks are on me!

Well deseved Steve

Well done, Steve, but you need to upgrade your iron chest again:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/awa...rd&award_id=69

Seems your Wing Commander forgot to report this achievment to the HQ.

Congratulation anyways.

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! Good spot Sven

At least when it comes it will finish off the third row nicely.

Edit: I like your avatar by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Well done, Steve, but you need to upgrade your iron chest again:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/awa...rd&award_id=69

Seems your Wing Commander forgot to report this achievment to the HQ.

Congratulation anyways.

That certainly does merit a gong Gunners. Well done old chap.
    Sorry to tell you that GB also got another medal last night. So you are only drawing with them.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    At least when it comes it will finish off the third row nicely.
    Sorry Steve. I've got to tell you that the 2 years/1000 posts will cover your 1 year/500 posts medal.

...and: Thank you! I like my new Avatar, too.

Congrats Steve, thanks to chaps like you we have lots of goodies to download for our games, well done that man

Congratulations Steve!

Congratulations Steve; well earned (both of them when you hang the second).
    Karl

Congratulations and well deserved Steve Honoured to join you in a celebratory libation

Well done Steve, all those medals should deflect a few bullets
    Don

Well done Steve!!! Was that for a pint or a barrel???

If you insist - but no peeking!

Well done, Guntruck, it's a hell of contribution to the site everyone can benefit from. and

Well done sir and thanks for all you did earning them. Good news with the 21st medal i believe you get a free visit to the chiropractor for the back pain their weight causes

Another well deserved one, Steve - I'll drink to that!

A thought...

In Sweden there's a tradition for students who graduate from secondary school to hold a reception at home to which friends and can drop in to gratulate them on their academic performance. At these receptions, guests are usually treated to food and drink.
    If you're not a subject of one of these receptions yourself, you go round to visit as many receptions of friends and acquaintances (and not uncommonly those of a number of complete strangers, as way stations) as you possibly can.
    In areas where there are many schools, graduation is spread out over a couple of weeks for everyones convenience.
    All this has the effect that if you're a reasonably sociable person, with a lot of friends (or, if you have no scruples and don't don't mind gatecrashing) there are at least a couple of years in your youth where you spend a couple of weeks each spring more o less constantly plastered from all this free drink (mostly champagne, which isn't at all bad thing in my book).

With all the celebrations on the Aerodrome these days, I'm somewhat reminded of this tradition.

Fortunately (at least for my poor liver) most of the drink here is merely virtual though.

/Niclas

Yet another bit of bling has come my way, for uploading 100 or more Files for the benefit of other members. :medal: Definitely going to need a bigger tunic or start wearing them on my back
    [pushes on Guntruck's right shoulder; watches as he goes staggering across the room, unable to regain balance due to the mass of ironmongery on his left side, and crashes headlong into... the liquor cabinet]

[points to Guntruck] He did it. [flees]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-2-2011 5;43;26 PM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	56511

Since He has so many medals he could have a standard bearer such as the ancient Romans. This could be his standard with the medals attached. Oh this is a Guntruck.

Thumbs up

Congratulations Steve old chap. Very well deserved for all your contributions!
    Better watch out though if you fly over to the US again you are sure to be over the luggage weight limit will all those Gongs!

Cheers and another well deserved metal. To the bar Ohio...

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post

Since He has so many medals he could have a standard bearer such as the ancient Romans. This could be his standard with the medals attached. Oh this is a Guntruck.
    Rummages through photo albums to find pic of self in front of 'Eve of Destruction'........

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Another well deserved one, Steve - I'll drink to that!

A thought...

In Sweden there's a tradition for students who graduate from secondary school to hold a reception at home If you're not a subject of one of these receptions yourself, you go round to visit as many receptions of friends and acquaintances (and not uncommonly those of a number of complete strangers, as way stations) as you possibly can.

/Niclas
    Superb idea - visit lots of people and get ratted for free!

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    [pushes on Guntruck's right shoulder; watches as he goes staggering across the room, unable to regain balance due to the mass of ironmongery on his left side, and crashes headlong into... the liquor cabinet]

[points to Guntruck] He did it. [flees]

Superb idea - visit lots of people and get ratted for free!

I was there before you laddie. and now a chaser
    Kyte.

Well done, sir.
    A cold beer to me, please...

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post

[...]Oh this is a Guntruck.
    I know what a guntruck is -- I've been arguing for some while the US needs to start building new ones (with upgrades -- Kevlar under steel for armor, and V-undersides for mine-resistance), instead of reinventing the wheel.

What, like those MRAPs that the US and UK have in Afghanistan, or the ones the South Africans have been operating for ages?

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    What, like those MRAPs that the US and UK have in Afghanistan, or the ones the South Africans have been operating for ages?
    The South African ones, with some upgraded tech (better armor type, that sort of thing).

Similar Missions

1. Ken's medals
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 11:03
  2. To the Official Unofficial Aircraft Stats team
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 14:33
  3. Fokker Team-Schorndorf
    By clipper1801 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4