Ares Games

Thread: Card Models

Default Card Models

Hello All,

Being new here allow me to show some of the card models I've built for use int he WoW game. They are all Fiddlers Green models re-sized down to 1/144. FG models are perfect for this as they are fairly simple designes and the smaller they are built the better they look Got many more to build but this is what I've done so far.

Bummer is the D.VII is a printing goof up on my part. It's too small and needs to be re-built :P

Hope you all likes.

G1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01130012.jpg   01060009.jpg   01060008.jpg   01020002.jpg   01130013.jpg  

01020004.jpg  

Allow me to share a model I designed a while back. It's of the Roland C.II It was all done the old way (No CAD). The parts were Vector re-drawn and textured by a friend of mine know as Janx on Papermodelers.com The pix are of the final prototype I built. I've yet to build one of the textured versions. ALso the model in the pix is 1/72 as it was intended for Canvas Eagles. I've since then gotten addicted to WoW.

I have one printed out in the 1/144 pile.

G1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12020256.jpg   12020260.jpg   12020262.JPG   12020258.jpg   12020263.JPG  

Amazing folding skills... and you are right, the FG models do look good in 1/144! Did you print those on an inkjet or a laser printer?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Thanks guys

Cowman, they are printed on an inkjet printer. I should do a tips and tricks here for folding at this size. I used to make the 1/144s of construction paper as card stock was a bit hard to handle at this size. Unfortunantly construction paper models aren't strong enough to be handled as game pieces. After over 5 years of paper model experience now I can handle making these in 65lbs. card stock. Much stronger and easily can handle gameplay.

Hee hee the Fiddler's Green Fokker Dr.1s and D.VIIs will be filling the lack of offical minis out there. No way will I pay the current E-Bay prices for those especially when the FG models will look just as good IMO. Not to mention all the variations those 2 come in.

I'll be starting the Gotha Bomber soon as my co-worker is itchin to do some bomber missions. I have gotten him hooked on the game. I just wish I picked the game up myself when I first saw it over 4 years ago :P I plan on getting a Famous Aces set for one of the nephews for his B-Day coming up. I have a gift for creating new addicts :P

Still trying to gather more players here in Spokane, WA though.

G1

Serious skills, they look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Getter 1 View Post
    Thanks guys

Cowman, they are printed on an inkjet printer. I should do a tips and tricks here for folding at this size. I used to make the 1/144s of construction paper as card stock was a bit hard to handle at this size. Unfortunantly construction paper models aren't strong enough to be handled as game pieces. After over 5 years of paper model experience now I can handle making these in 65lbs. card stock. Much stronger and easily can handle gameplay.

Hee hee the Fiddler's Green Fokker Dr.1s and D.VIIs will be filling the lack of offical minis out there. No way will I pay the current E-Bay prices for those especially when the FG models will look just as good IMO. Not to mention all the variations those 2 come in.

I'll be starting the Gotha Bomber soon as my co-worker is itchin to do some bomber missions. I have gotten him hooked on the game. I just wish I picked the game up myself when I first saw it over 4 years ago :P I plan on getting a Famous Aces set for one of the nephews for his B-Day coming up. I have a gift for creating new addicts :P

Still trying to gather more players here in Spokane, WA though.

G1
    Wow great job. Look forward to seeing the bomber as well as tips on how to get started making them. Where do you sign up for lessons?

Tom

Krásná práce. BRAVO !

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Sean
    Sorties Flown

Fantastic work

I'm impressed, my compliments

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian Wetzel