Ares Games

Thread: When I'm not crashing into the ground... I write!

Cool When I'm not crashing into the ground... I write!

As some of you know, when I'm not flounding around like a sick albatross in the air I write for a living!

So I thought I'd drop on by and let everyone know that Samhain Publishing has decided to make the first book in my superhero trilogy, “Blaze of Glory”, FREE from September 1 – 14th.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlazeofGlory72sm.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	58994

Saving the world is easy for a superhero—unless you’re a fraud.

Jo Tanis is a superhero, fighting evil on the city streets, using her ability to feed off electromagnetic energy and fire off charges—and it’s all just a show. The Agency captures her and others like her when their powers begin to manifest, pitting them against each other in staged, gladiatorial fights. An explosive implant on the back of her neck assures she’ll keep right on smiling for the camera and beating up the bad guys.

When Earth comes under attack, suddenly the show becomes deadly real. Unable to deal with a real alien, the “supers” are falling in droves. Millions of innocent civilians are going to die…unless Jo can cobble together a team from among the fake heroes and villains the Agency enslaved. Including Hunter, who not only promises to show her how to deactivate the implants, but seems to know more than he should about how the mysterious Agency operates.

Forcing a rag-tag bunch of former enemies to work together is the least of Jo’s problems. The trick is determining if Hunter is friend or foe—and becoming the hero everyone thought she was before the world is destroyed for real.

Here are the links!

Amazon
    Barnes & Noble
    Apple
    Samhain

The second book is also available and the last book, “Heroes Lost and Found” will be out in October – but why not grab the first one now and start reading?

These are all ebooks though the first one is available in paperback and the second will be out in December in print - the third next year.

Thanks for reading and feel free to pass the info on! Everyone loves free books!

.... and crashing into the ground. Okay, maybe not so much.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Heads Up Cheryl! Sounds like a good read for us Sc-Fi fans. Love the Cover by the way.

Have you thought of writing an AAR (After Action Report) of some of your :crashes".
    I would look forward to those.

Have the first one... loved it. Now I have it in Nook format. Gonna buy the second one this week!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Lokks like a good read.

Similar Missions

1. This is ground Control...
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 04:13
  2. 3d ground targets
    By Albert Ross in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 07:11
  3. AAAARRRRRRGGHH! Crashing and burning
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11