Ares Games

Thread: Anyone have a subscription to Albatros Productions

Default Anyone have a subscription to Albatros Productions

Wondering if any of our members have a subscription to either the Datafiles or the Worldwide (or both) series of books/magazines? I'd like to know if they release a new book every other month (seems that would be hard for them to do) or do they send out "back issues" every other month? Put another way, how do you know what books you will be getting with a subscription?

ObH,
    Six Windsock International magazines per year, and 6 Windsock Datafiles per year are all that is covered by the cost of subscription. Datafile Specials and other publications don't form part of the subscription, but can be purchased by subscribers before 'general' release dates and at a discount.
    BofB
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 08-06-2012 at 05:25. Reason: sp

Used to get these on a regular basis. Good mags but it got a bit too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    ObH,
    Six Windsock International magazines per year, and 6 Windsock Datafiles per year are all that is covered by eth cost of subscription. Datafile Specials and other publications don't form part fo the subscription, but can be purchased by subscribers before 'general' release dates and at a discount.
    BofB
    Thanks, but is it 6 new Datafiles each year, or some of the hundreds that have already been published?

Yes, 6 new datafiles/yr, although some of those may be a new publication covering a previous subject with additonal material. Back numbers can be ordered on an 'as available' basis. Prior to each year's new subcription, an expected Datafile subject publication order is announced however, for various reasons this isn't always adhered to. Due to that, and non-interest in some of the titles, I only subscribe to the magazine, and buy Datafiles on an 'as required' basis.

Thanks. I was kind of thinking that going that route might be the best as well.