Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWI - A Short Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Lets dust off this thread again in 2014
    Or just turn it into a 'sticky' to avoid further duplication.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Yes a wonderful tome is the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

And rule #35 "War is good for business"
    Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    As long as you win. Ask Carthage how good business was after their last war.
    Or if you are just supplying the combatants, which I think is what Rule #35 is about.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Lets dust off this thread again in 2014
    Starting early?
    Karl

The Irish, just waking up from their drunken slumber say "What have I missed?", and orders another Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    The Irish, just waking up from their drunken slumber say "What have I missed?", and orders another Guinness.
    You've obviously never heard of the 1916 Easter Rising then!

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    You've obviously never heard of the 1916 Easter Rising then!
    More like: "The Irish, thinking the Brits are too busy at one end of the bar to notice, barricade their corner off; sadly, the Brits DID notice, spare the time to throw a chair their way, knocking the Irish down (but not fully out). They'll come back in after the fighting "ends", when all "H, E, Double Hockey sticks" breaks loose in the eastern end of the bar (while France and the UK are rifling through Germany's pockets, and the USA is wringing it's hands in disgust)."
    Karl

More like: one part of Great Britain (which turns out to be three skinny blokes and a person of restricted stature all wearing the same overcoat) while enthusiastically fighting Germany takes a funny turn, starts a fight with himself and has to be restrained by the rest of the overcoat wearers.
    At the end of the fight the other two skinnies and the short one put Ireland over their knee for misbehaving. America feels this is outrageous and encouraged by this Ireland beats himself up again for the next three years.

Ireland then gives the UK the finger.( Except for one arm and a big bit of torso) and, after the bit that doesnt give the UK the finger is amputated goes off to carry on arguing more quietly on its own. The amputated bit goes quiet for a half century or so and then starts its own bar fight with itself.

I say chaps, this is getting a bit near the knuckle.

Shall we repair to the estaminet in town for a bottle or two of Chateau Something or other?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12