Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded the site today

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Echoing preference for old "what's new" listing by thread instead of post, though I do like the new location.
    Yep; sign me up as another Luddite who much preferred the previous 'What's New' that wasn't cluttered with multiple posts on the same thread, hordes of photos and an RSI-inducing need for mouse clicks to find out what happened more than a couple of hours ago.
    BofB

Okay, I think I removed the posts in the What's New. I think it should only show threads... but it might be only new threads, and not a single listing for activity on a thread. We'll just have to see how it works.

For the next site update, would it be possible to have both variants?
    I found the one with posts included very useful.

/Niclas

baztaylor

For me, the quick link - "today's posts" - does exactly what the old "What's new" used to do. It certainly doesn't seem to restrict itself to just posts from that day, although I must confess I do seem to visit here on a daily basis!!

Cheers,

Barry

The upgrades are what they are, I have no real say in what is and is not done since it is commercial software. I'll do my best to tweak the site to fit our needs though.

Quote Originally Posted by baztaylor View Post
    For me, the quick link - "today's posts" - does exactly what the old "What's new" used to do. It certainly doesn't seem to restrict itself to just posts from that day, although I must confess I do seem to visit here on a daily basis!!

Cheers,

Barry
    Looks like you are correct sir. Okay, here is what I've done. The new What's New will show all of the activity on the site, including posts (just like it did right after the upgrade). I've also added a Today's Posts link under What's New that will display only the threads that are new... like What's New did before the upgrade. That should cover everyone I think (and hope!).

Works for me; thanks muchly!

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    When I hit My Profile I don't see the rep or infractions tab. The settings tab gives a list of rep given and received but no way to display it or turn it off

How did you make a pic of the page ? I tried to do it but only got the logo at the top.
    Okay, I've got the Rep comments all showing on the Profile page > Rep Tab now. No more truncation!

As to your question about the screenshot (sorry I missed that before), Alt+PrintScreen buttons at the same time, then past it into a graphics program.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Thanks Alex!
    I use Opera browser. Did what you had written, but there is still no tab in my prefile. Maybe other users can see it, but me - not.
    Do you still not see the Rep Tab after clicking on My Profile??

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Sean
    Sorties Flown

Rep Tab OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    No Rep tab on my profile either Herr Oberst.
    Rob.
    Should be fixed now.

Oh yes, now it's fixed Thanks Herr Oberst!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Should be fixed now.
    Yes sir! Fine for me too.
    Rob.

Rep tab present for me; checked on Windows/Firefox, iOS/Safari and Android/Firefox. (The site layout in general suffers a bit on the Android, but is usable.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12