Ares Games

Thread: My Collection

Default My Collection

Many unfinished - I've been just too busy with real life recently, and some have yet to be delivered. Only about 80 completed.

http://shpws.me/8bxo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Many unfinished - I've been just too busy with real life recently, and some have yet to be delivered. Only about 80 completed.

As Col would say--- You are definately a WoG Junkie!

Try "Plasticrack Addict"... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post

Is it not annoying when "real life" gets in the way Zoe.
    When I retired I felt that I had got rid of real life forever and could concentrate on the things that I had been waaiting to do.

Real life keeps ambushing me from time to time even now. I hope you can evade it soon. Keep a watch out on your six for real life creeping up.
    Rob.

Me, I have to steal a minute here and there, from an almost entirely real life existence. The "only" 80 planes mentioned would take me several years to finish. Very impressed by (and envious of) your collection, Zoe!

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Is it not annoying when "real life" gets in the way Zoe.
    When I retired I felt that I had got rid of real life forever and could concentrate on the things that I had been waaiting to do.

Real life keeps ambushing me from time to time even now. I hope you can evade it soon. Keep a watch out on your six for real life creeping up.
    Rob.
    Could not agree more, especially children they are always needing something done that only you can do

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Could not agree more, especially children they are always needing something done that only you can do
    My son's got my knack for things mechanical and electrical. Sometimes he too fixes things now without knowing quite how he does it. Not exactly "instinct", more subconscious deduction, along with logical and systematic diagnosis.

I know I do it, and my partner (and colleagues) sometimes stare in wonderment. "How does she DO that???".
    I don't know. But when my son does it, my jaw drops too.

I think we may have some Motie Watchmaker in our genes....

Meanwhile, I've been asked how I transport and store them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4224659089_638da4bf5f_z.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	52947

My partner and son consume the contents, I remove the spacers, and then I have a new box capable of holding 50 aircraft or so.

Nice collection!

I don't really mind when "real life" gets in the way of painting, but I do mind when the weather gets in the way. We've had a long streak of days with temps approaching 100°, which, couple with the high humidity, makes it darned near impossible to get any spraying done.

So Zoe, with all those planes, do you have a favorite?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Wow, nice collection. 80 planes finished, you're really dedicated Zoe!

Zoe,
    If I had to pick my favorites from your collection (from what I can see from photo provided), I think my "top three" would be (in no particular order):
    1. Felixstowe F2A
    2. Fokker D.II (Kissenberth's?)
    3. H-A einsitzer with hex camo (sorry, I cannot tell what kind from the photo)

Those are my favorites, just off the top of my head, but they are all beautiful.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Chris Maes
    Afghanistan

Very impressive,hats off to you

I'll have more by next Cancon. The AH Einsetzer(s) are Aviatik-Berg D.I's.