Hi Chaps,

I have been inactive for a number of months, but was "bumped" back into flying action with the release of the new bomber miniatures. However, I have experienced some problems in obtaining them, apologies if I am cross posting here but I am curious to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

Initially I waited for my local games shop to stock them, but there seemed to be a delay as a number of online retailers were listing them as available. When I asked the shop staff about this, I got a rather derisable comment from one of them along the lines that they would not be stocking them because the WWII miniatures had not sold that well!

Faced with buying them elsewhere, I soon discovered that I had left it rather late to get hold of the Gotha's, with most stockists having sold out. I was prepared to settle for just one the Von Korff variant, but managed to get the Aschoff one as well.

So, were there fewer Gotha miniatures available to retailers in the UK, or have they been more popular than previous releases?

Furthermore, the proprietor of my local games store returned from his holiday and DID attempt to order the WWI bombers, but could only secure the Caproni's, becaue all of the Gotha's had sold out. He dismissed the earlier comment by one of his staff as nonsense.

By the way I am really pleased with the Gotha's and I am now considering a Skytrex Felixstowe.