Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central European Con 2012 in Prague

Amazing games! I'm steaming with envy and regret. I might very well drink one beer for each of the friends I didn't met in Prague!

I leave you with Jacques Brel and a song about all this:

Looks like a great time was had indeed!

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    I put the image adress directly into my written text

1. Use the "Insert Image" button
    2. Choose From URL
    3. Add the graphic adress of the picture in my album

It should look like this in your text:

[ IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?...(rest of the picture address)...[/IMG ]
    Thanks Sven.
    I was obviously over optimistic when I imagined that the wonders of the programme could just transfer the whole post lock stock and barrel.
    I will spend a bit of time sorting out the appropriate pictures and inserting them when I get chance.
    Rob.

I have now had time to look at your wonderful convention pictures.
    It was great to see you all together having a good time.
    Thanks for posting them.
    Rob.

Great pictures Andrzej - good to put faces to the names - apart from 'V' of course but I gather the mask is preferable ?!

A very enjoyable account of your trip to the Con Sven.
    The photos told the story of your trip, and gave some very nice impressions of the City of Prague.
    If only I could get on a coach and be there in three hours.
    Rob.

Very nice report Sven.

I spent a good part of my week long vacation following the con circling around various doctors with the bug bite in my leg you saw there.

It looks like a small piece of coagulated blood from my body's fight with the infection from the bug bite (one of the Streptococcus family, probably) managed to partially close about 5 cm of one of the veins just above my right ankle. I am on antibiotics and anticoagulants and I have to stab my own belly with a syringe with a 2 cm long needle each day. I will know more next Tuesday but my doctor is probably going to send me on a sick leave for 1-3 weeks, most of which I will spend lying in the bed or sitting with my leg upwards.

I would never have believed how hard it is to overcome one's self-preservation instinct and actually thrust with a sharp steel needle against one's own belly. Being a stubborn Aries actually helps a lot here.

Bug bite...?

Think it was a .303 bullet from Andrzej's twin Vickers.

Wish you a quick recovery from this sneaky disease, Watchdog.

Very sorry to hear about your wound Jan.
    I hope you will recover swiftly once you get a good rest.
    It is incredible what a seemingly minor wound can lead on to.
    Please let us know how you are progressing.
    All the best.
    Rob.

I very sorry for your problems, Jan...
    Crossing my fingers for you!

Andrzej.

I hope everything will work well for you Jan!
    If I can be of some help, please do say so!

Ich wish you good health Jan!
    I still own you a couple of beers. I hope next year i can attend too
    Last edited by Kaiser; 08-04-2012 at 05:27.

There is a low price railway connection from Leipzig to Prague.

BTW - I can see a new unique avatar of yours, Sven! The Franconian Pfalz I encoutered in Prague Now we have our own "Heimat" planes

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Rats, just checked and there are no seats available on any outbound flights this weekend. Might be worth putting in the diary for next year if you decide to make it an annual event
    I am on family holiday starting this weekend. However like Dave, I could well be able to get over next year if it is held

Great account and very nice pics of your travles and the event. Now I can put some faces to the people I have talked with here. Jan I hope all is good with you. You must have some awesome bug over there.

Great job, loved it.

Thomas

I must go to Prague next year! I can't fail to be there!

Wanting to meet a lot of people here at the Aerodrome, I'd like to see especially these ladies and gentlemen there next year:

Ladies:
    Zoe and Edyta;

Gentlemen:
    Rob, Andrzej, Jan, Sven, Dave, Niclas, Keith, Bob, Kenneth, Jon, Paul, Alan, Todd, Barry, Richard Bradley, Terry, Enrico, Lee, David (Clipper), David Manley, Karl, Jure, Lindsay, Baldrick and Attilio.

(Please, do forgive me if I forgot someone.)

But this would be awesome!!
    Last edited by Blackronin; 08-05-2012 at 04:15.

As I see, we should start building a hanger with a huge gaming table to accommodate so many players playing at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    As I see, we should start building a hanger with a huge gaming table to accommodate so many players playing at once.
    I wonder if there are any airfields with disused hangars that could be used for an event like this? or maybe running an event at an air museum, with games in amongst the exhibits, a bit like the wargames at the Bovington tank museum, or the naval games we ran on HMS Belfast. Would't that be awesome?!

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I wonder if there are any airfields with disused hangars that could be used for an event like this? or maybe running an event at an air museum, with games in amongst the exhibits, a bit like the wargames at the Bovington tank museum, or the naval games we ran on HMS Belfast. Would't that be awesome?!
    Frankly, I do not think I would be able to organize something this big, someone else would have to do it.

I actually do know about a small airfield where such a con might be possible, but getting all the people to the spot from Prague and back to Prague would be a logistic nightmare itself. You can see pictures from Grillhammer 2011 Con (which took place at Skuteč airfield) by von.rybnik here: http://w40krybnik.rajce.idnes.cz/Grillhammer_2011/

Another option for 2013 Con:
    This year we (my group and Sven) stayed in Hotel Bologna, a nice and affordable place in the Old Town, close to all of the magnificent places in Prague.
    I suggest that place of stay for everybody in 2013. Maybe they have (I didn't check that possibility) a room large enough for our needs?

That might be the solution, Andzrej.
    An hotel with a room they can rent us or spare, if we an enough number renting rooms.

We'll see when the recruitment starts May 2013.

An update on my health condition - the trombus has been successfully dissolved, on Monday I am returning to duty at my unit.

I still have to keep my leg bandaged for about two more weeks and I am still going to be on Warfarin pills at least until the first half of November, which means significant limitations on my diet. All caused by one stupid bite from an infected mosquito or some other damned flying bug...

Nevertheless, the worst has been overcome and is gone. See you in the bar, ladies and gentlemen (not that I can drink alcohol).

And a big to my awesome doctor, of course.

Good news Jan. Glad to hear you are on the mend, and bad news about the alcohol, although Kyte did murmer something about there being more for the rest of the pilots!
    Get fully well soon and I look forward to seeing you back in your Bus before too long.
    Rob.

Good to hear that you're better, Jan - I'll gladly drink to you continued recovery!

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Good to hear that you're better, Jan - I'll gladly drink to you continued recovery!

/Niclas
    Move up the bar a bit and make room for me Niclas.
    Kyte.

Jan glad to hear you are on the mend. Keep us posted on you recovery. Best of luck in your recovery.

Good News, Jan.

So You won't have to play with a wooden leg at our next Prague SummerCon.

Good News, Jan.

So You won't have to play with a wooden leg at our next Prague SummerCon.
    Or, as we say on the aerodrome: A peg leg.

/Niclas

Jan! I'm glad you're better.
    I hope you'll get in complete shape in no time.
    You are in my thoughts.

Good news! Hope you will recover soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_3675.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	57510
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_3656.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	57509

Guys hope you don't mind but here is what I did today. Here is a T-55 (Czech markings) and a BMP (GDR markings). I know something different but something else I enjoy. Oh yes they run. I wanted Jan to see the T-55 and hope he is well and getting better.

Glad to hear you are now in recovery mode Jan, was it the G&T from Kytey that helped per chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    An update on my health condition - the trombus has been successfully dissolved, on Monday I am returning to duty at my unit.

I still have to keep my leg bandaged for about two more weeks and I am still going to be on Warfarin pills at least until the first half of November, which means significant limitations on my diet. All caused by one stupid bite from an infected mosquito or some other damned flying bug...

Nevertheless, the worst has been overcome and is gone. See you in the bar, ladies and gentlemen (not that I can drink alcohol).

And a big to my awesome doctor, of course.

BIG from Turkey old chap! Glad you are doing well these days!!! See you soon!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12