Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central European Con 2012 in Prague

Default Central European Con 2012 in Prague

For those of you guys who missed the thread, I'm proudly announcing that our First European WoG Con in Prague will start next weekend!
    We chose the beautiful city of Prague to meet and play - and of course taste some famous Czech beers, hoping our initiative will turn into an annual festival of Wings of Glory!
    Czech, German and Polish players will take to the skies to have a weekend of fun. I personally take my family and fellow players; After meeting with Blackronin in Lisbon, this time I hope to meet some other forumers in person

For that extraordinary occasion I have founded a trophy, a chalice of joy that will be a prize for the best scoring pilot of the Con.
    "Ace of Aces, Prague 2012".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puchar.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	53564

Hope it is Czech crystal for such an awsome get together. And hello to my Eourpen friends that get together (You/Jan/Quim) my friends from afar. You have to post pictures for us to see. My friend have a few beers for me.

A very nice trophy! I hope you guys have a good turn out and I can't wait to see the photos!

Sounds like the start of something great. Looking forward to the photos and AAR.

Thomas

Sounds like great fun!
    Wish I could be there...

/Niclas

Andrzej Have you thought of a name for this if it gets going? Here in the states we have so many conventions its hard to keep track of the names. I belong to an organization called HMGS (EAST) and we have 3 cons a year Cold Wars/Historicon (the big one) and Fall In. I thing a good name might be Friend Con because friends get together and have a good time.

That will be fun -

with players from Poland, Czech Republic

and a real Hun.

As it's being held in the Czech Republic & brings friends, or, 'mates' together to play WoG I would call it Czech-Mate !!
    Have a great time chaps, I'm sure you could do little else

@Bob - a good point! The name shall be important.
    @Sven - having a real Hun in the Con increases it's importance and prestige significantly
    @Dave - a true game of words Chess and mate/friend. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    As it's being held in the Czech Republic & brings friends, or, 'mates' together to play WoG I would call it Czech-Mate !!
    Have a great time chaps, I'm sure you could do little else
    Did you have to think about that one Dave or was it just made "en passant."
    At any event it is a real finesse.
    Rob.

Hmm, I just found out this afternoon that Easyjet flies direct from Bristol to Prague.......

Got any more details on the event?

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Hmm, I just found out this afternoon that Easyjet flies direct from Bristol to Prague.......

Got any more details on the event?
    You are most welcome, David!

All the details are posted in a special thread in Czechoslovakian subforum.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...SummerCon-2012
    The games will be held in a nice game club from 13:00 till 22:00 hours.

My group (two - maybe 3 families: we go there with wives, kids you know...) come on Friday noon. We have a sightseeing that day. The rooms are booked in Bologna Hotel. Saturday we play, have some beers right after and on Sunday we'll pay a visit to a local good game store and see some other great places of historical interest in the city.

Rats, just checked and there are no seats available on any outbound flights this weekend. Might be worth putting in the diary for next year if you decide to make it an annual event

Finished my WW II training last night (Pacific scenario) and I'm ready for action on Saturday!

I'm a little bit excited...

Yes, Yes, Yes! Me too So are we going to play the Pacific Theatre scenarios as well (why not?)

Using the latest P-40 models (I own 2 of them) we can recreate the raid over Pearl Harbor

I wish all you Knights of the Air a most enjoyable convention, and may the most foxy pilot win that trophy.
    Rob.

May the best man win - Or are there women participating as well?
    Then, if my wife is anything to go go by, I guess the men don't stand a chance.

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    So are we going to play the Pacific Theatre scenarios as well (why not?)
    Remember my/our stuff for the North African theater.

Think we should care for the Pacific scenario 2013.

With nice B 25 Mitchell medium bombers or the brand new WoG gaming mats...

I keep your word, Niclas. SummerCon 2013 registration opens soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Remember my/our stuff for the North African theater.

Think we should care for the Pacific scenario 2013.

With nice B 25 Mitchell medium bombers or the brand new WoG gaming mats...
    1. Right, Sven. Your Tante Ju looks gorgeous. I think I'll try to prepare one of my Hurries in a desert scheme tonight!
    2. Mitchell's, Heinkels... too good to be true...but maybe

Can't wait for the AAR on the event and want to see pics of the friends I have made in here. I hope all have a wonderful time.

And we are going to celebrate all the friendships made in here in the Drome with the famous Czech beer You are on the list, Bob

The Prague SummerCon is over, all the participants returned safe and sound to their home airfields!
    I must tell you guys, we had a 9-hours blast of play on Saturday plus additional late hours in a pub right in the Old Town
    The complete AAR with pictures will be posted tonight, so stay tuned, chaps
    Andrzej.

Himmel, I'm just standing under the impressions of this WoG meeting.

A great experience with very friendly pilots from Poland & Czech Republik and intensive gaming.

Think I'll need a little bit time to order my thougths for an AAR from my point of view.

Looking forward to reading about al the fun and games. If you get a date for 2013 then perhaps myself and a few others from the UK could look at coming over too

It was indeed a blast. It was great to meet the other pilots in person and play with them (and against some of them too!).

I have to add that I feel ashamed by the other Czech pilot, Radek (Shivaja), namely during the WWII games, especially by his gaming style of "wake me up for planning". He basically slept through almost the whole WWII part of the con, only waking up to plan a manoeuvre, play his next one in line, shoot at something, and then falling asleep again, yet still scoring as the second best pilot. His previous evening must have been really exhausting.

I wish to thank all the participants (and their charming ladies) for the fantastic time together and I hope to see you again, chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Looking forward to reading about al the fun and games. If you get a date for 2013 then perhaps myself and a few others from the UK could look at coming over too
    Put me on the list as well then. Learned to late about the Con to make plans for coming over. It was also just after our move to the new house. Already discussed it with the girlfriend and she really liked the idea of going to Prague . She would let me game and she would spend her time somewhat different (read shopping like crazy). Since it is in Europe and within reasonable reach I would be really interested in joining the 2nd edition.

Jan, The Ace of Aces has spoken! Yeah, Czech pilots (even sleepy) can be deadly
    What can I say? Thank you all chaps for a perfect social event of the year!
    Yeah, the ladies (and kids! - you will see) added a special charm to our meetings
    Thanks everybody and especially Jan (our Prague Guide!) and congrats for your best scoring !

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Put me on the list as well then. Learned to late about the Con to make plans for coming over. It was also just after our move to the new house. Already discussed it with the girlfriend and she really liked the idea of going to Prague . She would let me game and she would spend her time somewhat different (read shopping like crazy). Since it is in Europe and within reasonable reach I would be really interested in joining the 2nd edition.
    There would be no excuse for not organizing the Conference 2013 then! I see your girlfriend would find a perfect company of our girls during shopping on Pariźska Street

Seeing the interest shown by other pilots, how about we set the date for the next Convention already? Let us say the last weekend in July again?

I'm ALL for setting the date at once, Jan.
    For me the same time (last weekend of July) is perfect. Hopefully other flyers can adjust their holiday schedule as well in advance!

In that case we will occupy all the tables

I will watch this space with excitement, and await your AAR and pictures of what was obviously a superb event.
    Rob.

Glad to hear you all had a wonderful time. As with the others can't wait for the AAR.

Glad to see it all went so well - looking forward to the pics of the action on the table & in the bar

Guys, I'm finishing my night "paper" work (not paper models) and then (around midnight) all the pics will be posted

Can't wait to see the pix. Sounds like it was a big success.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time! Can't wait to see the AAR!

Dear chaps, I had everything written yesterday's night, while the fatal error appeared and the forums were turned off! The whole post disappeared. I'll work on it today again...

Unfortunately you didn't write it in a Word document before...

That's what I'm doing with bigger AARs/posts because of my fatal ability to click written post's away before saving them to the thread.

Maybe I can motivate you with my second blog entry.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/ent...rnament-Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Unfortunately you didn't write it in a Word document before...

That's what I'm doing with bigger AARs/posts because of my fatal ability to click written post's away before saving them to the thread.

Maybe I can motivate you with my second blog entry.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/ent...rnament-Begins
    May I ask you about your Blog Sven.
    When I press the blog this post button at the bottom of the post, it sends my post to my blog but not the pictures.
    How do you get yours with the pics please?
    Rob.

I put the image adress directly into my written text

1. Use the "Insert Image" button
    2. Choose From URL
    3. Add the graphic adress of the picture in my album

It should look like this in your text:

[ IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?...(rest of the picture address)...[/IMG ]

If you already have the images added to one of your albums, you only need to copy and past the BB Code found at the lower right of the image....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBcode.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	54914

No need to go through the insert image button. Hope that helps.

Oh, and so you guys know, I've told my wife we should go on vacation to Prague at the end of July next year

Me too ! Nice pics Sven - I can see the ACH ace ability would be well used in those games

So - here we go again (last night the whole AAR disappeared during forum software changes).

We arrived to Mephit Club at 13:00 hour just to meet our dear friend Sven AKA Marechallannes standing in the front of the place! We embraced, introduced our families, the door opened and we were warmly welcomed by Jan, AkA Watchdog! Radek, AKA Shivaja, joined us later.

My group consisted of 3 and a half players, I mean: me, Sławek, Sławek's son Filip and Maciek, the youngest Sławek's son, 7 year old, ready to serve under our command.

The decision was to divide the group into 2 teams for both parts of the Tournament:

WWI:
    I. Entente (Polish players)
    II.Central Powers (Czech and German players)

WWII Battle of Britain:
    I. 303rdPolish Squadron (Polish players)
    II. Luftwaffe (Czech and German players)

Here you see the pictures from the first part of the Tournament. After some free patrols we played 2 bombing missions(with bombers on both sides) and a balloon hunt, when Entente fighters were attacking the gas bag defended by the C.P. side. The gas bag was shot down

From left to right: Filip, Sławek, Sven and Radek.

I was the lucky one who could pilot the big Caproni Ca 4 brought by Sven, the winner of the Bombing Mission Contest. I must confess it was an amazing experience! Not only my gunners sent down one attacking Fokker, but I managed to score a direct hit on the target. My joy didn't last long however, for on my way back to base Sven and Jan (already on fire) lined up their deadly fighters after my tail and perforated the big „bomba”. I crash landed, while the fighters made safely home.

Then we turned to the Battle ofBritain. You see the defenders heading for the incoming Luftwaffeschwarm. The fight was fierce, as you can see. At the end of the dayLuftwaffe fighters scored more kills than we did, but to theirdespair we managed to stop a Stuka raid on British radar station

Now you can see the youngest pilot,Maciek, whom we allowed to fly in one of the missions. The Lucky Git scored 2 kills in one flight! I must send him to a flight school as soon as possible!

...to be continued.
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 07-31-2012 at 06:33.

Now the second set of the pictures will be posted.
    One notice.
    For some reasons important to Jan, which I know and fully understand, his face on the pictures will turn to "anonymous". Thanks for your understanding.

The Tournament ended at 22:00, after 9hours of gaming and the prizes were handed over to the lucky winners!

Jan, 8 kills, received the trophy Pokal,
    Radek, 5 kills, received the Reggiane mini founded by Sven,
    Filip, 4 kills, received the set of official Ace Cards, founded by Jan.

Everyone was given a special Diploma of attendance signed by everyone else

When I joked that that should be a special prize for the best scoring bomber pilot of the Convention, Sven took out a bottle of fine wine and handed it to me! Thanks Sven!

Then we spent the rest of the wonderful night in one of the Old Town pubs together with our wives and kids. The pilots had some well deserved cold beers, discussing their latest advantages and victories over enemies. But we forgot to take pictures!

Next day (Sunday) we made some sightseeing in the old town and finally landed in a friendly base with cold beers near the Hrad (Castle).

But the adventure was not over yet.
    Jan called his fellow game shop ownerand he came down to open his store especially for us. Of course we searched his WoW/WoG old supplies and Filip bought a WoGII first out of print De Luxe starter set plus some mini, while Sven found a PinkRoland!

Finally, when we were going for lunch „U Medvediku”, Sven made a show again. Took out a Martlet offcial mini and gave it to Filip, the little lion-hearted fighter pilot of the Convention!
    Needless to say how lucky the young boy was!!!

At 17:00 hours we said good bye to each other and promised ourselves to meet again next year on

Prague SummerCon 2013!
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 07-31-2012 at 08:09.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast