Ares Games

Thread: WWII Bombers (1:144) Avaible in italian newsstand

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Smile WWII Bombers (1:144) Avaible in italian newsstand

Maybe that for who lives not in Italy this is not an inportant news... in our newsstand is avaible a "collection" of WWII bombers 1:144 scale.

Here you can find the list of the Bombers: http://www.deagostiniedicola.it/fron...asp?PRD_ID=236
    Here a review of the collection: http://www.deagostiniedicola.it/fron...247&prodID=236

The models are made in metal with plastic extras and painted
    I'm asking how to order the old numers (like B-17 and Heinkel He-111 H6).

If someone is interested we can try to plan some international delivery.

Have a nice fly!!

P.s. Sorry for my english...

Thanks for the post. Looks like they are about Us$17 for most of them. I'm sure some of us here would be interested in seeing some photos of them and knowing how heavy they are.

Thumbs up 144 bombers

Kieth
    I found these recently and thought they added to this post.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/IXO_Models_s/2724.htm

Rich

Those look nice, still a bit pricey though

Thumbs up 144 bombers

Kieth Sad but true, i have seen them listed for more than the list price elsewhere.

Rich

I have the Savoia SM79 and the LeO451. Really nice planes although they might be a bit heavy for standard WoW stands.

Pooh

Can you get use any detail pics Tim? Are them mainly metal, or just metal details?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

I hope that tomoroow I'll have more news about the bombers and their avaibility.
    In the meanwhile I found a Macchi MC202 Folgore (1:72) from a previus release about WWII airplane of the same magazine (DeAgostini).
    It's all metal made and very heavy with little plastic detail.

I'll let you know about bombers as soon as possible.

Have a nice fly.

Pav

Thumbs up Are they nice?

My friend pointed them out to me and have never seen them in person. They
    look nice in the shots i have seen, how heavy are they?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Can you get use any detail pics Tim? Are them mainly metal, or just metal details?
    Col.

The body and wings of both are metal including engine nacelles. The LeO451 has a plastic tail while the SM.79 has a metal tail. Props, windows, landing gear (down position), guns etc are all plastic. They have good detail.
    The LeO451 is painted gray with the brown and green patterns typical of French aircraft of the period. It has national markings and the Vichy stripe. It has squadron designation of some kind on the tail and the left side of the nose and the number 4 on the fuselage. All these are decals. It is a very pretty airplane.
    The SM.79 is tan with that squiggle camoflauge that is typical of Italian aircraft. It the the "faces" national marking and a white cross on the rudder and some sort of squadron insignia on each side of the nose and the number 253 on the fuselage. The markings are decals. It has a torpedo slung underneath.

The landing gears are down on both aircraft and it looks like the pieces could be removed and reattached gear up if someone wanted too, though it might not be easy.

Both planes come with a stand so have a hole underneath for mounting.

Unfortunately, I do not currently have a digital camera though I'm going to correct that soon.

Pooh

Thumbs up 144 bombers

Pooh

Thanks for the info. I will have to take a better look at them.
    Rich

Thanks for the break down Pooh. It sounds like they might be a little heavy for flight stands.

I agree that they're likely too heavy. Even if the flight stands will support them, they will be very top heavy. I'll try and get hold of a digital camera and get a few pictures this weekend.

Pooh

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Default Finally Arrived!!

After a month they finally arrive...
    I bought 2 B-17 and 1 He 111H6.

The main body is made in metal but the wings are plastic..
    Here are some pictures:

B-17

He 111H6

Have a nice fly

P.s.
    My news stand also have
    4X kawanishi h8k2 "emily"
    1X handley page halifax gr mkii
    4X vickers wellington
    2X heinkel he 111h-6
    4X cant z 1007 alcione

The price is 10 € for each
    Last edited by PAV; 04-11-2010 at 11:00. Reason: More info

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

We have this colection to!
    I bougth the B17, and now Im waiting for some luftwaffe bombers..

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Galland View Post
    We have this colection to!
    I bougth the B17, and now Im waiting for some luftwaffe bombers..
    I bougth some other models. I'll post some picture soon

Have a nice fly

sorry for this but i think that play WoW with other minis are not a good idea ,in this way you don't support the game (like piracy on dvd) and the game its not made for playing with 1/144 model ,ooh you can use it but its not the same .ok we have to wait new issue but if we don't buy the original ,its possible that in a futur there aren't any news to buy !!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Hi darkeldar70,
    I decide to play olso with 1/144 because I have seen that there are a lot of model avaible..
    I said "olso" because I still buy the ufficial 1/200 release.

As you say, olso play with custom cards is like piracy on dvd...

Ciao
    PAV
    Last edited by PAV; 09-27-2010 at 05:52. Reason: English misstake

Quote Originally Posted by darkeldar70 View Post
    sorry for this but i think that play WoW with other minis are not a good idea ,in this way you don't support the game (like piracy on dvd) and the game its not made for playing with 1/144 model ,ooh you can use it but its not the same .ok we have to wait new issue but if we don't buy the original ,its possible that in a futur there aren't any news to buy !!
    If I read this correctly, you seem to be suggesting that no WW2 aircraft other than those 1/200 ones produced by Nexus should be used, and that anyone using, say, 1/144 planes is not supporting Nexus. By extension, I assume you think that anyone using Skytrex or Reviresco 1/144 aircraft for the WW1 game is similarly not supporting the game. But the manoeuvre cards for both WoW and DoW are the same size, and both can be played without model planes, so the scale of the aircraft is irrelevant – the models themselves are only representational markers that look prettier than the cards.

To suggest Nexus will stop making aircraft because other scales or manufacturers’ models are being used is absolute nonsense. It’s the same as saying Flames of War will stop producing 15mm vehicles because people are buying them from Skytrex, or that Games Workshop will stop making figures because some people choose to use cheaper alternatives. I for one have played WoW using Skytrex 1/144 aircraft, and played DoW using 1/200 models from another manufacturer. But that does not mean that I do not support Nexus because I still buy all the pre-paints they produce.

If we look at the more common WW2 aircraft, the reason most people look to other firms and other scales is that Nexus do not produce new models fast enough to satisfy the needs of the gamers playing WoW/DoW. And gamers being gamers, they are always looking for something "out of the ordinary", and no manufacturer can satisfy all the needs of everyone. For example, what are the chances of Nexus producing a Fokker D.XXI for gamers wanting to play a Russo-Finnish scenario in the next decade?

If there is a danger of Nexus ceasing to produce models, my view is that it will more likely be purely because everyone has got fed up waiting for their long drawn-out release programme to finally cough out the models people want.

ok you say somthing right but in this forum i see that a lot of player that have too many 1/144 model didn't play 1/200 ,i think that we can make something to speed up news from nexus making an online petition to give us fast more minis .i think that is an idea to speed up the minis production !!!!

We do support the game, but there is a difference.

1/144 is a fairly available scale for ww1, ww2 and modern planes. Most of us have large collections, we are what can be called "collectors" but also gamers.

If Nexus decided to go 1/200 for DoW, which is NOT a popular scale, than that is their business choice and risk. I will certainly not buy into that unpopular scale.

I doubt they can speed up the production to issue more planes in 1/200 and even if they do, I wont keep a collection having ww1 and modern planes in 1/144, while ww2 planes in 1/200. No way!

I do have a few DoW 1/200 minis, but I do not intend to buy them all.
    Now if Nexus would have kept scales consistent, they started in 1/144... I would have taken their ww2 planes for sure in my collection.

I still like the ww1 WoW planes, I will get them all eventually, I lack several right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    If we look at the more common WW2 aircraft, the reason most people look to other firms and other scales is that Nexus do not produce new models fast enough to satisfy the needs of the gamers playing WoW/DoW.
    That's me, spot on. I have about 180 or so 1/144 scale WWII aircraft right now, with about another 60 or so waiting their turn at the modeling table. I buy all the boxed sets for the WWII side, and in most cases, it'll be doubles of the boxed sets to get enough of the cards.

My buddy has all the Nexus stuff in both WWI & WWII, and I've seen the WWII planes. 1/200 scale will allow those with Nexus suff to have more game room
    when playing, but the detail is a little lacking for me. I actually like my 1/144 scale stuff better than the 1/200 stuff. But I still support Nexus by buying the boxed sets, just like someone who isn't interested in the miniatures at all, and plays just using the cards.

For the WWI side, I buy all Nexus. I have one pair of Spad VIIs from, I think it's F-Toys, but the rest is Nexus. Mats, balloons, and all that jazz.

Lets see, I paid $125 USD for set I, $150 USD for sets II & III (I got all these from my FLAGS), another $100 USD for set IV, $80 USD for the mats, $70 USD for the balloons, $30 USD for each of the three WWI boxed sets, another $36-$48 in booster packs for...I make that out to be right in the $800 USD ballpark for the WWI side of the game.

Then there is Dawn of War for another $30 USD, 2 x boosters for it at $25 USD, and 2 x the WWII boxed set II at $30 USD each. That's another $115 USD to the previous $801 USD, for a grand total of $926 USD.

Then there was the Belgian Sopwith my son stepped on, replaced for another $12 USD. That comes to $938 USD.

At $938 USD spent so far, I'd say I'm supporting Nexus just fine.

Considering I'm wanting to get doubles on the balloons; and that I'm a lock to get every WWI set of miniatures they make; and anything else WWI they make; and I'll be getting doubles on the boxed WWII sets; and more of the WWII boosters...I'd say Nexus will be doing just fine from my point of view.

I've got to spread my money around though... it's troubled times we're living in, and I feel a great burden of responsibility to bail out as many model companies as I can!

Nexus is getting it's fair share of my "bailout plan"! I've got to spread some of my "bailout money" around to some of the others as well!

So if President Obama really wants to turn around the U.S. economy, he'll get some decent U.S. made miniatures for us, made right here in the good ole' U.S. of A.!! (we just don't have our priorities straight right now )

Till that happens, I guess Nexus will be the next economic superpower!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeldar70 View Post
    ok you say somthing right but in this forum i see that a lot of player that have too many 1/144 model didn't play 1/200 ,i think that we can make something to speed up news from nexus making an online petition to give us fast more minis .i think that is an idea to speed up the minis production !!!!
    1. There is no such thing as too many 1/144 models
    2. I am not sure that an online petition's likely to do much good - I have the feeling that Nexus is a fairly small outfit and therefore does not have the capacity/capital to increase the number of masters they produce and therefore the rate of releases, no matter how many people sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    We do support the game, but there is a difference.

If Nexus decided to go 1/200 for DoW, which is NOT a popular scale, than that is their business choice and risk. I will certainly not buy into that unpopular scale.
    To a certain extent I agree to this - 1/200 is not as popular as 1/144 for WW2, but there are a few manufacturers putting out 1/200 aircraft models, one of whom produces some beautiful resin kits while the others are mostly if not all white metal. The question however arises: do I buy a 1/200 metal or resin aircraft with little detail, or do I want to buy a 1/144 with far more detail? I know what I would choose.

@Steve
    Of course, 1/144 is a lot more detail... that is obvious. And I love to have all my planes in the same scale. Most ww1 come from Nexus in this case.

Very true... one can never have too many 1/144 models

@Rob
    Speaking of USA, those 21st Century 1/144 planes were superb... a few had little issue with quality... more with assembly I think, but anyway, 21st Century stuff as the Old Crow Mustang or the Razorback Thunderbolt... those are awesome!!! I am all for USA made minis, bring them back!!!
    I was able to grab a Razorback in my collection, I am waiting for it to arrive

Similar Missions

1. Caproni Ca 1 to Ca5 – Giant Bombers
    By Carlos Lopes in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 00:28
  2. WoW 1/144?
    By costampede in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:35
  3. Looking fro Bombers
    By bierhaus in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6