Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannon-armed-fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    packs a punch... Would love to see an official release of that! I don't play the pacific version of WGS, but would be very tempted once the medium and heavy bombers start coming out... 2018?? lol
    Check out the full plane! The Flying Porcupine.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...472#post352472

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

One thing which the D Damage tokens are good for emulating is Anti-Aircraft Gun damage. I feel that they are on the whole too powerful to emulate air-to-air inflicted damage but with only one aircraft in WGS ever using them I just hope that it is me who will be flying this flying shredder whenever it comes up for deployment or is required as suitable / appropriate opposition when there is a choice.

The other aircraft which needs a mention in this thread is the Bristol Beaufighter Mk IVF (Davoud Edition) which unlike the other two distributes something like 1 x B / 4 x C Damage Tokens per close-range shot. Plus it's the only version of the Beaufighter currently available from Ares Games (for WGS) which is fitted with a tail-gunner installation. I ran a Session recently which included three games which featured this aircraft versus the Kawasaki KI-61-I-KIAD Hein: Nothing lasted for longer than five turns and very little shooting was required to either significantly damage or down either of these aircraft ...

Compare that with the following game which was N A P-51D versus Fw.190D-13 and the fact that this lasted for 15 turns with far more actual thinking required rather than just 'Flew ... Fired ... Flamed!'

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    One thing which the D Damage tokens are good for emulating is Anti-Aircraft Gun damage. I feel that they are on the whole too powerful to emulate air-to-air inflicted damage but with only one aircraft in WGS ever using them I just hope that it is me who will be flying this flying shredder whenever it comes up for deployment or is required as suitable / appropriate opposition when there is a choice.

The other aircraft which needs a mention in this thread is the Bristol Beaufighter Mk IVF (Davoud Edition) which unlike the other two distributes something like 1 x B / 4 x C Damage Tokens per close-range shot. Plus it's the only version of the Beaufighter currently available from Ares Games (for WGS) which is fitted with a tail-gunner installation. I ran a Session recently which included three games which featured this aircraft versus the Kawasaki KI-61-I-KIAD Hein: Nothing lasted for longer than five turns and very little shooting was required to either significantly damage or down either of these aircraft ...

Compare that with the following game which was N A P-51D versus Fw.190D-13 and the fact that this lasted for 15 turns with far more actual thinking required rather than just 'Flew ... Fired ... Flamed!'
    Get a 10 year old pilot. They appreciate the quick games.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Get a 10 year old pilot. They appreciate the quick games.
    Today's Pilot ... Tomorrow's Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Today's Pilot ... Tomorrow's Ace
    Today's Ace even! I think I have beaten him only once.

I got my Davoud Beau yesterday. You are saying it is an über machine then

A bit like the Hannover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12