Ares Games

Thread: Reporting For Duty - Western Sector

agentbalzac

Default Reporting For Duty - Western Sector

Hi all,

My name is Graham, I live in Perth, south of the front line (...err I mean the Swan River). I game with the folks at the Perth Miniature Gamer's Group in Myaree, when I can get to games, and also on occasion at home with my brother and hopefully in the not too distant future, my kids.

WoW/WoG has been on again off again with our group, but I saw the recent Gotha GV and fell in love all over again. Looking forward to some more games with the 'heavy gear' and also hopefully some balloon action. Thinking of scratch building a Drachen type balloon.

Cheers,
    Graham

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kingsley
    Sorties Flown

Hey Graham

I am from Perth as well and play WW2 WoG, only been playing for a week. I live close to the city and have started playing at a club called the gameatorium in Mt Lawley.

Kingsley

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by agentbalzac View Post
    Hi all,

My name is Graham, I live in Perth, south of the front line (...err I mean the Swan River). I game with the folks at the Perth Miniature Gamer's Group in Myaree, when I can get to games, and also on occasion at home with my brother and hopefully in the not too distant future, my kids.

WoW/WoG has been on again off again with our group, but I saw the recent Gotha GV and fell in love all over again. Looking forward to some more games with the 'heavy gear' and also hopefully some balloon action. Thinking of scratch building a Drachen type balloon.

Cheers,
    Graham
    G'day Graham & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW.
    You have found THE very best place to discover all about this great game.
    Do check out the Files section & the Hobby Room for models from other sources.
    The Officers Club is just the place to chat with like minded Pilots from around the Front.

Welcome aboard from Italy, Graham! Have fun!

Attilio

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Graham.
    As Wingco Barry says there are a lot of interesting items in the files, and somewhere in the threads is a piece on scratch building balloons too.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Sean
    Sorties Flown

Hello and welcome from the nations capital

Howdy from Kansas, Graham. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the drome,have fun.

Welcome to the 'drome Graham from a now sunny Sussex in England, nice to see you in the circuit

agentbalzac

Thanks to all for your welcoming comments from all over the place.

@@ flash: I'm glad Sussex is/was sunny - Horsham was where I lived until I was nine, before I was transported by my parents to the colonies

Still no chance to get in a game with the new Gotha yet, but I am making progress on 4 scratch-built Drachen balloons. I'm taking photos so I can create a mini-blog on this.

Welcome to the site, Graham!

Welcome from England Graham

agentbalzac

Thanks again. How does one get a nice pic of a fighter on their forum avatar? :

Hi Graham! Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by agentbalzac View Post
    Thanks again. How does one get a nice pic of a fighter on their forum avatar? :
    1. Click on settings on the upper right of the page.
    2. On the list of items down the left of that page, you will see edit avatar. Click on that and you will have many WWI and WWII aircraft to choose from.
    3. After picking your avatar, click on save changes at the bottom.
    Last edited by Coog; 07-09-2012 at 18:06.

Graham,
    Welcome to the Aerodrome from Sheffield Lake, Ohio.
    See: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ghlight=avatar
    Ken

agentbalzac

Excellent. Thank you for your assistance.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Hi Graham! Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas.
    Ditto!

Hiyas! Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

Green Goblin's Avatar Mess Hall Attendant
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Hi ya and welcome from Cornwall in the South-West of England. Don't know if there available over there but I bought a Drachens type balloon from Skytrex here in the UK for about 20 GBP

agentbalzac

Thanks again. The Drachen build is proceeding well.

@@ Green Goblin: Yep I can access Drachens from Skytrex (or AIM) from here, but it's sort of become a personal challenge to scratch build one. I've been taking photos so there will be a build log.

Got my first game with the Gotha tonight! I will post the results to the appropriate thread.

Cheers,
    Graham