Ares Games

Thread: Scenario's/ Battle's by Year?

Default Scenario's/ Battle's by Year?

Is WoG played on the majority by only using planes made in the same year or from prior year to mixed in and gamed or senario made up.
    I would thing that fair, or even just try fighting a 1915 planes VS 1917 planes. Do people only game real encounters/Battles? Or its all flexible.
    All opinion's are taken in.
    Thanks,

Fabric Flyer

We try (my sons and I) to choose ac that were used at the same time,but from what I've read there is some leeway there.ie DVa's were used to the end.as far as missions, sometimes we use scenerios and other times it's just a chance encounter.

Do whatever floats your boat Lou, or in some cases sinks it. I play games of all the types you describe.
    Remember that lots of obsolete crates were being used in several roles and theaters of war that they were not intended for, well after their sell by date, so any combination is plausible, even if not totally desirable. That is one of the beauties of this game.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    We try (my sons and I) to choose ac that were used at the same time,but from what I've read there is some leeway there.ie DVa's were used to the end.as far as missions, sometimes we use scenerios and other times it's just a chance encounter.
    Grey Knight, Yes,sounds like fun. Variety is Good.
    Thanks,

Fabric Flyer

F O Kyle, Like the sounds of that. Do them all.
    Thanks,

Fabric Flyer

I like to fight with planes that flew at the same time because I figure the sides will be relatively balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by hatfieldsinal View Post
    I like to fight with planes that flew at the same time because I figure the sides will be relatively balanced.
    Try telling the pilots who flew them that John. Usually the development of aircraft on both sides left their opposite number at a disadvantage in combat. It was more like an arms race leapfrog than a fair fight.
    I personally like to pit myself against a superior aircraft most of the time. A victory, if it comes, is all the sweeter for that.
    Rob.

hatfieldsinal, That would be good same, time, sometimes some differ.
    Thanks

Fabric Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Try telling the pilots who flew them that John. Usually the development of aircraft on both sides left their opposite number at a disadvantage in combat. It was more like an arms race leapfrog than a fair fight.
    I personally like to pit myself against a superior aircraft most of the time. A victory, if it comes, is all the sweeter for that.
    Rob.
    F. O. Kyte, I agree with what you said, and one of the reason's I chose to Fly for Brit.'s was, up against Good planes & good pilots, I like german planes also. And buying planes is like a arms race in collecting and building.
    Thanks,

Fabric Flyer

Thumbs up

Our Club prefers to fly Aircraft that would have actually flown in the same Timeline.
    Remember that the FE2b was used untill Wars end but as a Night Bomber not as a front line Fighter.
    There is a Time Line in the Files section that gives the introduction dates of the various Aircraft & is pretty accurate except for the Fokker Eindeker which was introduced earlier than the date given.
    Last edited by gully_raker; 06-30-2012 at 04:47.

Good, I've been wanting to get a list. Same time line seems only fare and historical too. File section,Thanks.

Fabric Flyer