Ares Games

Thread: Series 6 Hanriot - any idea which?

Default Series 6 Hanriot - any idea which?

I understand we will be getting a HD1 when Series 6 arrives. Is there any indication of what paint the schemes will be ?

I think it is a fair guess that we will get one Italian and one Belgian, and that the latter will be Coppens, but which?

I'm currently painting a Belgian HD1 and I really want to avoid a colour scheme that will be included in S6 and also that damned French 4 colour scheme, so knowing what is likely in S6 would make it easier

This one looks promising - anyone have any info on the colour scheme used?

http://images.search.conduit.com/Ima...&start=0&pos=5

Ken
    Last edited by PilGrim; 06-15-2012 at 14:36.

Andrea confirmed they're working on a blue Coppens paint job; don't know whether it's the thistle or the origami bird version though. I tried to start a conjectural thread about the series 6 paint schemes a couple months ago.

If you're looking for a sharp non-Coppens Belgian paint job; I'd recommend Olieslagers's.
    Some profiles also show the cowling in tri-color stripes (3 stripes around the circumference).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hanriot-HD-1-No8-Olislagers-1ere-Escadrille-600px.png  

Quote Originally Posted by PilGrim View Post
    This one looks promising - anyone have any info on the colour scheme used?
    What you have there is a Nieuport 23 from 5th Squadron:

I'm willing to guess they went from Nieuports to SPADs, so didn't have Hanriots, but there's at least one decal kit out there that claims there was a 5th Squadron Hanriot...

Yup - just spotted the tail is obviously wrong.

The tricolour stripes will be a bitch to paint :-(

The tricolour stripes will be a bitch to paint :-(
    But if you can print decals, the fuselage color is light enough that a clear decal will be close to color true...

forget the Belgians, I would like to see this guy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanriot-hd-1_Italian-600px.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	49874

"Invalid attachment"?

My god, we haven't got Series 5 yet! My carer will have to move Series 6 around for me.

This one seems a nice option - I'm assuming the white is actually silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Cheers Zoe - do you think this will be the one Ares use?

Cheers Zoe - do you think this will be the one Ares use?
    I think it's very likely that this one and the Scaroni one will be two if the three, yes.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Having both versions would be a great addition to my collection!

Well it's done. I went for a variation on the doped silver & blue with the origami bird of 11 Escadrille, but with doped silver wings rather than the blue (pics to follow after the varnish dries). I'm not sure how accurate this is - I have seen a couple of models in this scheme but no pics.

Anyway I have ran into 2 problems

Firstly - crew - there is as far as I can see zero chance of getting a pilot into the cockpit of the Shapeways HD.1 - has anyone managed this?

Secondly - decals. I'm using 1:144 Direct Belgian roundels, and to date these have been very good, if sometimes a little fragile in application. There seems to be a problem this time around however as they seem a bit translucent, especially the yellow areas, with the silver background. I think this is just one of those things and the solution is to either live with it, OR paint over by hand (shudder). Next time I think I will paint a more neutral colour under the area where the decal will go to help. Has anyone else had this problem and what would you recommend to avoid in future?

Ken

Firstly - crew
    I don't put crew in my repaints, but I do know that early productions of Colinwe's HD.1 did not include the wing cutout to accommodate the pilot. If you have one of those, you'll have to cut the cut the cutout yourself if you care that much about accuracy.
    Secondly - decals.
    If you have a second set of Belgian roundels you're not using, you could try applying those over top; the second layer may do the trick.

Ah - there's the answer to the pilot problem, I obviously have an early model. I've carved a bit away from the top wing so should have a bit more joy now

Poor photo and the varnish is still wet. I decided to try and repaint over the decals - wont know how well this worked until tomorrow when everything dries
    Last edited by PilGrim; 06-17-2012 at 11:23.

Firstly - crew - there is as far as I can see zero chance of getting a pilot into the cockpit of the Shapeways HD.1 - has anyone managed this?
    All you have to do is chop-off a Reviresco's pilot head and glue it to the Shapeways HD.1 cockpit - just the head, I mean.

It worked for me

Final cut

I'm not 100% with the wing cut out, which should be larger and more angular, but I'm not really in the mood to correct it

So, Hanriot Hd1 from Shapeways (Colinwe) version 1 without the cut out (now replaced in the S\ways shop) in WSF, paint is Vallejo blue and Citadel Mithril Silver, pilot by PeterPig, decals by 1:144 direct (some overpaint \ touching up on top wing)
    Last edited by PilGrim; 06-17-2012 at 23:43.

I really like the look of this kite! The Belgian roundels are always a colourful additon to any gaming table, but I would not have expected the blue to work out so well as it does in this example. All in all a very nice job and a great looker there Ken!

A very good bit of work there Ken. It is nice to see modifications to a machine and the addition of a pilot really brings a model to life in my opinion.
    The blue colour scheme is also a plus in my RFC. world which can get a bit tedious at times.
    Full marks for such a good effort.
    Rob.