Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More preview models! Beaufighter and the Bf-110.

Default More preview models! Beaufighter and the Bf-110.

My wallet just whimpered:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	209020_380669738647034_203335583_n.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	48999

For WW2 Wings of Glory, the first prototypes of heavy fighters are ready: here comes the Beaufighter!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1502412&type=1

Name:	562283_380670378646970_502855334_n.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	48998

For WW2 Wings of Glory, we will also release, at the same time as the Beaufighter, the BF.110.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1502412&type=1

The Bf 110 might be enough to get me into WGS. Its my favorite plane.

The radiators under the motors don't look right at all to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    The Bf 110 might be enough to get me into WGS. Its my favorite plane.

The radiators under the motors don't look right at all to me though.
    You are correct Brian, the large square intakes appeared on the later Bf110G models using the DB605 engines, but even they tapered back flush with the engine nacelles.

Name:	800px-ME-110G-2_at_RAF_Hendon.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	49022

I think it would be preferable to go with the earlier DB601 engined Bf110C model.

Name:	2_90.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	49023

I agree, they are just too boxy and not streamlined enough. I agree the Bf110C would be a much better choice to fit in with the existing line of aircraft, too.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    I agree, they are just too boxy and not streamlined enough. I agree the Bf110C would be a much better choice to fit in with the existing line of aircraft, too.
    This looks like a job for.... DREMEL TOOL GUY!!

They still look good, we saw these prototypes a year ago so I think there might be enough time to save up

Awesome looking photos and thanks for sharing. Bombers coming next month and then I saw the Gladiator and CR12 now these. Great news.

Maybe I can just pop them off and turn it into a "C".

We must remember these are just the first prototypes, knowing Andrea any issues will be remedied before production.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJamison View Post
    My wallet just whimpered:
    My wallet ran away. Definitely afraid of being emptied .

This picture comes from the "Rain of Destruction" topic. I would be surprised if they started over completely so I guess this is how they will look like. Hard to see though if the radiators are correct on these.

Name:	norimberga_IMG_1236.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	49113

those look really nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post

Name:	norimberga_IMG_1236.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	49113
    Silly question: What's the difference in material between the grey bits and the white bits?

Well they look good enough for me, I am planning on buying several of each, at least 4 x ME110's.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Silly question: What's the difference in material between the grey bits and the white bits?
    I would say the grey is the cast metal, and thewhite the resin.

I am REALLY liking the Beaufighter. A bit of modelling and they could be TF.X or the ones we used in the Pacific

And I don't even play the WW2 version... but my resolve is being strained...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    I would say the grey is the cast metal, and thewhite the resin.

I am REALLY liking the Beaufighter. A bit of modelling and they could be TF.X or the ones we used in the Pacific

And I don't even play the WW2 version... but my resolve is being strained...

Dave
    I have ordered a couple of Air200 Beaufighters to be finished as machines of 'Blackjack' Walker's 30 Squadron RAAF.

C'mon Dave, climb to 25,000 feet where the WGS lads fight, the air is clear up here!

The Beau will definitely get me started on WW2 WoG

Where the Hanriot stands for me in WW1, the Beaufighter stands in WW2: WANT. (Not least because it was one of only three types built in Britain used by the US -- the others being the DH98 Mosquito, and the Supermarine Spitfire.)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Where the Hanriot stands for me in WW1, the Beaufighter stands in WW2: WANT. (Not least because it was one of only three types built in Britain used by the US -- the others being the DH98 Mosquito, and the Supermarine Spitfire.)
    Chris, can you write more about these three types in US service to another thread? I am really interested in it. I though until now that only British airplane used by USAF after WWI was Harrier...

both are niiice!

Chris probably has more detailed information but off the top of my head:

Beaufighter-- the night-fighter version used by USAAF NF squadrons until the P-61 became availible

Mosquito-- used by American Photo-Recon squadrons

Spitfire-- used by many USAAF fighter squadrons as the P-40 and P-39 were not as capable dogfighters. Replaced when P-47 and P-38 fighters became availible. The 4th Fighter Group, 8th Air force, are the best known users of the Spit as most of the pilots were former Eagle Squadron members.

Jim

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    The 4th Fighter Group, 8th Air force, are the best known users of the Spit as most of the pilots were former Eagle Squadron members.

Jim
    Did somebody say Beagle Squadron?

Name:	Beagle.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	49346

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Beaufighter

Beaufighter-- the night-fighter version used by USAAF NF squadrons until the P-61 became availible

Spitfire-- used by many USAAF fighter squadrons as the P-40 and P-39 were not as capable dogfighters. Replaced when P-47 and P-38 fighters became availible. The 4th Fighter Group, 8th Air force, are the best known users of the Spit as most of the pilots were former Eagle Squadron members.

Jim

Some US "Eagle Squadron" veterans were initially very reluctant to give up their Spits for the 'Jug'.

Beaufighter-- the night-fighter version used by USAAF NF squadrons until the P-61 became available

Spitfire-- used by many USAAF fighter squadrons as the P-40 and P-39 were not as capable dogfighters. Replaced when P-47 and P-38 fighters became available. The 4th Fighter Group, 8th Air force, are the best known users of the Spit as most of the pilots were former Eagle Squadron members.

Jim

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Some US "Eagle Squadron" veterans were initially very reluctant to give up their Spits for the 'Jug'.
    Yeah the Spit's climb and turn rate spoiled them. The Hamilton Standard paddle prop really helped the P47. At high altitude the Jug had an unmatched roll rate, and of course, nothing could go downstairs like a P47. Onr of the Jug pilots related a friendly dogfight between his P47 and a Spit after the new prop was fitted, he was very happy about the outcome. The p47 would be a good release alongside the Tempest and the TA-152.

It's hard to give up a mount that you're familiar with and know how to get the best preformance out of it.
    Zemke's Wolfpack, the 56th Ftr. Grp., never converted to the P-51 from the P-47's.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelblitz View Post
    Yeah the Spit's climb and turn rate spoiled them. The Hamilton Standard paddle prop really helped the P47. At high altitude the Jug had an unmatched roll rate, and of course, nothing could go downstairs like a P47. Onr of the Jug pilots related a friendly dogfight between his P47 and a Spit after the new prop was fitted, he was very happy about the outcome. The p47 would be a good release alongside the Tempest and the TA-152.
    That pilot was Robert S. Johnson in his book "Thunderbolt".

Jim

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

That pilot was Robert S. Johnson in his book "Thunderbolt".

Jim
    I bet our libraries look similar...

I bet our libraries look similar...
    I have to admit that I first read it in 1960 when I was in Junior High School. Still have that book as it's responsible for my life-long love affair with the P-47.

Jim

Pretty-much this:

Beaufighters VIFs were used by 414th, 415th, 416th and 417th NFS, !st TAC, 12th AF.

Mosquito B.MK XXs from a Canadian batch were designated F-8, but didn't see service due to myriad faults; PR.MK XVIs were given to 652nd (Bomber), 653rd (light bomber), and 654th (Special Purpose) squadrons, 25th Bomb Group, 8th AF; the latter two seriatim served as weather-recon, and chaff-dispensing/H2X airborne platform. Also using the PR.MK XVI was the "Carpetbaggers" (36th BS, later 856th BS, Special Operations Group).

Spitfire fighters were used by 334th, 335th, and 336th FS, 4th FG, 8th AF (derived from the "Eagle" RAF sqdns.); 31st and 52nd FGs (Mk. VA and VB); 350th FG; and 67th Recon Group; while the PR.MK XI was used by 14th Photographic Sqdn, 7th Photographic Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Chris, can you write more about these three types in US service to another thread? I am really interested in it. I though until now that only British airplane used by USAF after WWI was Harrier...
    Here's the Beaufighter,Mosquito and Spitfire exhibits at the AF museum at Dayton Ohio.
    Karl

If I remember rightly the jap nickname for the Ausi Beaufighters was "Wispering Death"!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If I remember rightly the jap nickname for the Ausi Beaufighters was "Whispering Death"!
    They used the same name for the Corsairs over Okinawa, though I don't think they were that quiet
    Karl

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    They used the same name for the Corsairs over Okinawa, though I don't think they were that quiet
    Karl
    That would be WHISTLING Death...

Here's the Beaufighter,Mosquito and Spitfire exhibits at the AF museum at Dayton Ohio.
    Karl

USAF also used a few of these for liaison work: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...eet.asp?id=641

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If I remember rightly the jap nickname for the Ausi Beaufighters was "Wispering Death"!
    Karl
    That would be WHISTLING Death...

Yeh that's right. Not awake enough this morning.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    USAF also used a few of these for liaison work: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...eet.asp?id=641
    Yes; but' it's not a combat bird, so I doubt we'll be seeing one in _WoG2_.

Any informations about the painting shemes for the BF-110 and the Beaufighter.

I really need an "Africa Version" of the BF-110.

I would love to see a 1940 France - Battle of Britain version, and North African and Ostfront schemes as well.

For the Beaus, RAAF New Guinea 1942, RAF night fighter 1941 and RAF Coastal Command 1941.

I would love to see a 1940 France - Battle of Britain version, and North African and Ostfront schemes as well.

For the Beaus, RAAF New Guinea 1942, RAF night fighter 1941 and RAF Coastal Command 1941.
    I will second that, about time we had an Aussi Aircraft. For a paint scheme for a North Afrika Me110 look in MaxHeadrooms files as he did one as a request from me.

Being here is always a good History ride!!
    4 Me-110's
    The Beaufighter is one of my twin-engine favourites. Along with the B-25, Mosquito, P-38 and of course the Ki-45 "Toryu".
    I'd like to see them all made in our game.

iain1815

I really Hope the Yanks get hold of a P38 lightning. Now that would be a great model to add.

Quote Originally Posted by iain1815 View Post
    I really Hope the Yanks get hold of a P38 lightning. Now that would be a great model to add.
    If you like P-38s Iain check this thread:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...er-the-Pacific

iain1815

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    If you like P-38s Iain check this thread:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...er-the-Pacific

Yep...good call. a beautiful ac. and a nice set of pics.

For the moment the available ones are:
    - Curtiss P-40
    - Yakovlev Yak-1
    - Reggiane Re.2001
    - Kawasaki Ki-61

Next ones will be:
    - Heinkel He-111
    - North American B-25 Mitchell
    - Focke Wulf 190 D-9
    - North American P-51D Mustang
    - Nakajima Ki-84 Hajate
    - Supermarinie Spitfire Mk.IX
    Via Andrea from the wow_nexus mailing list

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    For the moment the available ones are:
    - Curtiss P-40
    - Yakovlev Yak-1
    - Reggiane Re.2001
    - Kawasaki Ki-61

Next ones will be:
    - Heinkel He-111
    - North American B-25 Mitchell
    - Focke Wulf 190 D-9
    - North American P-51D Mustang
    - Nakajima Ki-84 Hajate
    - Supermarinie Spitfire Mk.IX
    Via Andrea from the wow_nexus mailing list
    As I posted there, interesting that they are doing the Dora for the FW-190s, as it had a short service time, and was markedly different appearence to the A versions. Must be for the speed.
    Karl

Need me some B-17s ,,,. Those 110,s rock,,,must buy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast