Ares Games

Thread: Gaming for a Cure

Default Gaming for a Cure

Our Wings of War League helped put on the Gaming for a Cure Winter Game Fest to raise money for cancer research. It was a great success. Check out the photos below.

Looks great! That Gotha looks HUGE!

Neat Building, and yes that GOTHA is ginormous!!!! Nice pics.

LGKR beat me to the computer! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Our winter event for Gaming for a Cure was a great success. We generated $200.00 for us to use for buying advertising signs and the food for our main event on Aug. 14 (the Col's Birthday!!)

We ran Wings of War games all day long, (that's me in the bright green shirt in the first picture) We also had Flames of War in action all day (that's the big table behind ours) There was a 6 hour D&D game, 3 tables of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, Warmachine, Battle Tech, and a series of boardgames in progress all day long (off to the right under the loft)

All in all it was a great day of fun, and satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtWaka View Post
    Neat Building, and yes that GOTHA is ginormous!!!! Nice pics.
    Thats actually my first attempt at making the Siemens-Schuckert R-VIII Giant Bomber. Still needs some refinements. See http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie3 View Post
    LGKR beat me to the computer! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Our winter event for Gaming for a Cure was a great success. We generated $200.00 for us to use for buying advertising signs and the food for our main event on Aug. 14 (the Col's Birthday!!)

We ran Wings of War games all day long, (that's me in the bright green shirt in the first picture) We also had Flames of War in action all day (that's the big table behind ours) There was a 6 hour D&D game, 3 tables of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, Warmachine, Battle Tech, and a series of boardgames in progress all day long (off to the right under the loft)

All in all it was a great day of fun, and satisfaction.
    You snoose you loose Charlie If you want to see all the photos I took go here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...20Game%20Fest/

There was so much going on I forgot some of it till I looked at your other pictures...
    We also had a Star Wars role playing game, and the Live Action Roleplayers beating on each other, and if you look at the pictures, that giant thing in the corner is a recycling sculpture done by the college students. You can only do so much in one day!

Very nice...love that Gotha.

Guys...you're breaking my heart. Looks like an awesome venue for a great event and some incredible pictures. Thanks for sharing. I love the game mat too that's a pretty cool addition.

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    Guys...you're breaking my heart. Looks like an awesome venue for a great event and some incredible pictures. Thanks for sharing. I love the game mat too that's a pretty cool addition.
    The play mat is a Google Earth pic printed on a polyester fabric. Worked and looked great. We also employed some pipe cleaner smoke and fire markers for the first time, they were easy to make and really added to thr game.

Do you have any pictures of the people with the pipe cleaner smoke & flames?

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the people with the pipe cleaner smoke & flames?
    If you look closely at the 7th pictiure posted above, the Albatros D. III is on fire and the Sopewith Camel is smoking.

Similar Missions

1. List your store/gaming group
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 03:24
  2. Vallejo gaming colours
    By check6 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:04
  3. Gaming for a Cure Event
    By Charlie3 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7