Ares Games

Thread: Complete Nieuport 17 set.

Default Complete Nieuport 17 set.

I am handling the sale of a complete set of all three Nieuport 17 minis for a local friend of mine. All minis are in good order, but used. They all are Gimbal Mounted and the cards are in tuck boxes that match the minis. No original boxes. He is asking $50 plus actual shipping, insured and delivery confirmation.

SOLD
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 09-19-2012 at 14:27.

Tempted, but I'm not a fan of the gimbal mount. I bet they wouldn't survive a gimbal removal, would they.

I think he clipped the plane's peg off, so no. What do you not like about the Gimbals??

Caveat, I don't own any personally, so I don't have anything resembling actual data, but my impression, from having used others', is that they tend to droop and flop over quite a bit. That being said, when they work, they look damn cool.

That can happen with the heavier planes, but problem solved:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	525g20.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	60105

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Caveat, I don't own any personally, so I don't have anything resembling actual data, but my impression, from having used others', is that they tend to droop and flop over quite a bit. That being said, when they work, they look damn cool.
    If you're thinking of mine, that's because I don't put the gimbal on the plane, so the weight is a lot farther away from the pivot. These would have the gimble where the peg would actually atach (I assume). So, the flopping would be much less of an issue. I don't do it that way because I don't ike modifying my planes so aggressively.
    Last edited by Pseudotheist; 09-15-2012 at 07:13.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I am curious as to how an art eraser fixes that problem, since I am having it too

Kneed some of that erasure up so that it is pliable and place a tiny piece of it down into the ring magnet. Use the bearing on the plane/peg to work it down in there, removing any excess that sticks to the ball. You should end up with a small depression of eraser below the edges of the magnet. This small amount of the erasure has just enough grip on the bearing to keep the planes stationary. If you have mounted your Gimbals between two pegs, and not directly at the planes, I'm not sure how well it will work for you.

To solve the problem is to rough up the ball with sandpaper. I use a dremel with a sandpaper cone attachment and rough them up that way.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Complete Camel set.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 02:56
  2. WGF Complete DH 4 set.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 02:55
  3. Looking to complete WW1 collection
    By lang in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds