Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WW1 - Ace Cards Promo Pack available at BGG store

Amen to that, Rob. I wouldn't dare to add anything to that rightful and straightforward conclusion.

I have to "ditto" what Rob just said. ...And Rob, well said indeed!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If it were not for you it would never have started, and none of us would have made the friends all over the world that we have Andrea. This is become more than just a game, it is uncovering lost data, encouraging people to delve into history, and make models, enjoy family time together, and much more.
    For all that we thank you! Whatever happens in the end, that legacy will remain.
    Rob.
    Here, Here!

Having purchased two packs of WWI ace cards, I would really love to see a generic set of ace cards for use during a campaign, or as quick reference guides during a game. The tokens are nice, but there are so many included with Wings of Glory, it definitely requires a peek at the manual from time to time. I'm curious to see what Andrea / Ares cooks up

Quote Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
    The tokens are nice
    I'm going to disagree here. As much as I love this game, I believe those tokens were a mistake. Had I handed those out to the players in my game yesterday and said, "here is your ace ability" they would have laughed and thought it a joke.

We need a complete set of ace cards, and we need them pronto.

John has the right of it I'm afraid. The cards are far more fitting and easier to deal with than those tokens.... All I can think when I see those is ... What was the yellow planey lookin one?

My suggestion would be to have the name of the ace skill and some kind of image/icon on the back of the card and the rules for it on the front. That way the player can place it face down when it has been used... and used the current tokens to keep track of the "recharge" time.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Here, Here!
    Hear, hear from here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    My suggestion would be to have the name of the ace skill and some kind of image/icon on the back of the card and the rules for it on the front. That way the player can place it face down when it has been used... and used the current tokens to keep track of the "recharge" time.
    I like that idea very much!

Keith - You sir are more than worthy of the first name. Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Sort of like the ones in this pdf? http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1074

Yes, similar to those. I've also got some made up for the Knights of the Air campaign if I ever find time to finish version 2.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123