Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WW1 - Ace Cards Promo Pack available at BGG store

Default WW1 - Ace Cards Promo Pack available at BGG store

Just notices that the Wings of Glory: WW1 - Ace Cards Promo Pack (2012) just became available at the BoardGameGeek Store:

Link is http://store.boardgamegeek.com/compo...category_id=11

Just ordered some!

Ordered a set as well. Nice addition to the game! Thanks for sharing the info, Chris.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Not sure if I will order but good to know you can.

Thanks for the heads up

Ordered 3 sets (the limit). Hopefully they might arrive in time for Wintercon.

Got me one too. Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Hey fellas, I signed up to BoardGameGeek and put an order for 2 packs down, and it quoting free postage to Australia. Does that sound right, or have I stuffed up somewhere? Free post is a hell of a good deal considering what it usually cost to get anything sent here!

Dave

I got free postage but had to Texas sales tax. Hopefully, the cards are shipping from here in Texas. I should get mine pretty quick if so.

Yep, free shipping here as well (and no tax).

I wonder which will get here first, the ones from BGG or the ones Ares sent me a couple of weeks ago ???

I got free shipping to the Czech Republic (EU) for two sets too.

Sweet, I will complete the order then

Dave

I too have ordered two packs. It said that the shipping to the U.K. was free, which seems remarkable, but I am not objecting.

Same for Germany...

2 sets 10 $ and no shipping cost.

Maybe the calculated the US-wide/worldwide shippping cost to the price.

Hope these aces are as good as our "Over the Trenches Campaign" characters...

Free delivery to my country as well. Cool! Cards look very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I wonder which will get here first, the ones from BGG or the ones Ares sent me a couple of weeks ago ???
    Looks like Ares wins!

Full photos in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Looks like Ares wins!

Full photos in the other thread.
    Are the photos supposed to be invisible?

Strange, there was no visible photo a while ago.

These look good.
    On order now.

Have ordered a set too. Looking forward to receiving them.

My Ace Cards arrived safely today. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    My Ace Cards arrived safely today. I like them.
    Got mine yesterday Dave.
    They are very good, if somewhat repetitive on the skills base. I would have liked to have seen more variety. Also can we take it that the limitation on use will be reflected in the updated rules book?
    Maybe if they "take off" we can expect more Aces to be forthcoming in the future, otherwise I guess we will have to revert to good old Photoshop again and make our own.
    Rob.

Mine arrived today. I like them but hope to see some additions soon.

What's the turnaround time looking like for you guys, and distances involved? So far, I'm looking at two days since "Payment Confirmed" and no update since that.

I'd expect no tracking since if my understanding on pack size is right, my two will probably get from Texas to Seattle by First Class mail. (If I'm lucky, letter or packet, if not it'll be parcel and FCM Parcel is only beaten as "Last Class" by Bulk Rate.)

Six days from order recieved to my mailbox in U.K. Diamondback.
    Rob.

Mine was about 4 days, but then I live 2 states away and didn't have a holiday weekend to contend with.

My arrived yesterday. Does anyone know what means the (two) date(s) in the uppert part of the card? Best day of the ace?

These dates have drawn my attention as well. No idea

For example:

Lanoe G. Hawker
    11. 8. 1915 - 1 Aviatik C, 1 Fokker E

Frank Luke jr.
    18. 9. 1918 - 2 balloons, 2 Fokkers D.VII, 1 Halberstadt C
    28. 9. 1918 - 1 ballon, 1 Hannover CL
    29. 9. 1918 - 3 ballons, death
    Only the first two dates are on the card.

Manfred von Richthofen
    9. 3. 1917 - 1 D.H.2
    24. 3. 1917 - 1 SPAD VII

order placed! Cool!

So for those of us who haven't been following along, and are too lazy to click the boardgamegeek link, are these actually hardcopy, or are they pdfs you have to print yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    So for those of us who haven't been following along, and are too lazy to click the boardgamegeek link, are these actually hardcopy, or are they pdfs you have to print yourself?
    They're real cards and the quality is pretty good too.

Hard copy. They take about a week to arrive. They are the same size and quality as other WOW/WG cards.

Okay, thanks. And I see there are pics of them upthread. Nice.

still waiting for mine to be delivered.... ordered them Friday june 1, and I think the email said order updated to shipped saturday. I was expecting them before weeks end, but the mail just came... nada! oh well. I will survive the weekend.

Lewd S!~

ok, got them today! They are very cool! Just needs some more aces!!! There was only 1 American in the pack, and he was not even the Top scoring ACE!!! LOL If you are gonna put the Red Baron in the mix you should at least put the Top ace from each country! Luke was in the top 5 American Aces, but Rickenbacker had 26! Not to leave out Gillet, Beaver, or Kullberg!!! but having said that, Rickenbacker is the only one we have a Mini for so far :-( but I am happy to Have him at least! It seems WWII is serving up some U.S. candy! Sure would be nice if Ares fills in some of the holes in WWI.

LD, Luke was in the RDS, so the only Ace without a mini so far is Scaroni. Was Andrea trying to tell us something?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    LD, Luke was in the RDS, so the only Ace without a mini so far is Scaroni. Was Andrea trying to tell us something?
    How on earth did I miss that??? DB, thanx man! I would have never given the old deluxe set
    A second look! Guess I will now seek one out! There are so few American mini's how can I ignore a top 5 ace!!! ;-) my wife will thank you as well I'm sure! Lol

Thanx again!
    Lewd s~!

I think it's a safe bet that 2 of the HD.Is to be released will be a Coppens and a Scaroni. Side bet that the Coppens one will be all blue.

No dice, Zoe--the only time I ever make wagers is with the cops I shoot with over who's buying the burritos afterward. LOL

Well, them and my ex-profs when they're challenging me to do something...

No I'm not in either Zoe. Looks like an odds on racing cert that you are right.
    Rob.

I ordered 2.......... from Ebay.... no shipping costs to Belgium ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ludobrabo View Post
    I ordered 2.......... from Ebay.... no shipping costs to Belgium ???????????
    BGG ship free worldwide!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast