Ares Games

Thread: Plans for more bombers and balloons?

Default Plans for more bombers and balloons?

Are there plans to add additional bomber models as official releases?

What about re-releasing the balloons and potentially swapping out one of the models with another style?

The balloons are on the books, but not dates that I've been able to find out. I've heard talk about bigger bombers, like the H/P 400 and Strakken. I would think they would fall in line with the heavy bombers they are looking at doing for WWII (which we have more info on at this time).

My concern with larger bombers is going to be the price. The "small" bombers we have now are already $35 each and that has kept quite a few players from picking them up. I would think the larger ones would have to be in the neighborhood of $45-$50 and sells would really suffer at that point. Perhaps they are looking at only doing one paint job for the monsters, that would help with costs to some degree.

Only time will tell.

I'd hate to see additional bombers fall off the radar. They are a really immersive and eye popping addition to the skies. The balloons absolutely make sense for a timely reprint because of how prevalent they were for arty observation, etc.

Thanks for the quick response.

I too would love to see them in the skies above my gaming table at Cons. It's good to have you back posting on the site again as well!

For me I would get new Balloons but have no use for larger bombers than what we have now though I have got to admit that I would not say no to a Fielistowe.

As someone who owns both balloons and all 4 bombers, I certainly wouldn't refuse another round of "big" expansions

I was hoping that my Poll on Bombers might ellicit some response from Ares.
    Rob.

There are always the AIM models that would fill gaps in the ARES line.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    There are always the AIM models that would fill gaps in the ARES line.
    Are these still being made?

I saw the AIM balloons a while back, but I never pursued them. Has anyone secured stuff from them recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
    Are these still being made?

I saw the AIM balloons a while back, but I never pursued them. Has anyone secured stuff from them recently?
    I purchased 3 of the AIM Drachen's earlier this year - arrived promptly (in Oz) and securely packed as well. (Note to self - must add to my Christmas build list!!)

Those AIM Drachens seem very cool. Are they as fragile as the manufacturer says all over the about page??

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    Those AIM Drachens seem very cool. Are they as fragile as the manufacturer says all over the about page??
    The envelope itself is very sturdy. The 'basket' itself is very sturdy. The two issues are:

(1) Providing a robust way of attaching it to a stand - the envelope itself is hollow and I'm still wrestling with just how to make provision for attaching a length of plastic rod to the envelope.
    (2) Attaching the observers basket in a way that allows it to be handled on a gaming table - I'm thinking a mix of wire (for strength) and thread (for looks).

Have a look at this thread: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ALLOON-OPTIONS

Similar Missions

1. Any plans to reprint balloons?
    By afilter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 21:34
  2. where do you get your bombers and balloons from?
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 10:04
  3. Bombers and Balloons booster packs?
    By darkwing in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 04:30
  4. 1/144 scale plans
    By Gallo Rojo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 14:59
  5. 2 seater plans and planes