Ares Games

Thread: Last chance for 105 years

Default Last chance for 105 years

To see Venus transit the Sun that is. Today and tomorrow (depending on where you live) you will be able to see Venus pass between the Sun and the Earth... something that will not happen again until 2117! For more info check out this site. Remember you can't just look at the sun with out the proper eye protection! For those in the US that would like to see this, I suggest getting a pair of welders goggles at a Harbor Freight if you have one in your town. They come two to a pack for less then $7.

Safe enough here in the UK; 8/8 cloud at about 1000' AGL! The BBMF needed to be shepherded down from Coningsby by some more modern aircraft (King Airs) with some decent nav kit for the Diamond Jubilee flypast over Buck house this afternoon.
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 06-05-2012 at 08:57. Reason: clarification

That is right. Unfortunately our sky is cloudy, we have a rainy evening and it doesn't seem to change between 5:00 - 6:15 am tomorrow when the passing will take place. So for us there is only a Hun in the Sun that we can see (over a gaming table) tonight

Heavy overcast here in NE Ohio, also. Shame cause I have a friend who's going out with his astronomy club for the transit.
    Karl

Unhappy

Looks like a washout for us as well.
    Had Inch & a half of Rain with strong winds all yesterday & today started out sunny but the clouds are rolling in again & we are forcast for more showers today.

Default Last chance for 105 years

And I thought all of you were talking about my offer to my wife to weed the garden this weekend. Oh well.

We had a thin overcast early on and I did not see any signs of Venus crossing the sun. Closer to sunset it clouded over completely above the mountains and could not even see the sun Guess this is one thing we'll never get to see.

Raining