Ares Games

Thread: Bombers Special Packs available ... ordered ...and arrived!

Cool Bombers Special Packs available ... ordered ...and arrived!

I've just received an e-mail ...
    The first releases of Wings of Glory WW1 line, the Special Packs with the bombers Caproni Ca.3 and Gotha G.V, has arrived!!!!

Tomorrow two new big couple wings will fly on may game mat!

Best regards
    Daniele.

So the bombers reached Italy.

Good news!

Have fun.

Yes, we do have to wait. I shall be writing a very stiff letter to the Times about this.
    Kyte.

Got my bombers on Friday May 11...they look great .. and they're BIG. Had to mail order them since my local wouldn't carry them due to low demand and the fact they would have to order about 6 of each from the distributor. Plus side was that I saved over 50$US vs getting them from the local! At least they came in quicker than the Cow-fella can deliver ;-) ...inside joke

Got mine yesterday. One Gotha, one Caproni. The best part...it did not cost me cent. I used a $50 gift card I got back at Christmas and still have $3 left on it.

They are very nice .... and big! But I don't understand why there isn't the crew! it's a real shame! Does somebody know how I can do to make the crew?

Name:  2012-05-12 19.51.58.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  186.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by d@niele View Post
    They are very nice .... and big! But I don't understand why there isn't the crew! it's a real shame! Does somebody know how I can do to make the crew?
    Peter Pig? http://www.peterpig.co.uk/smallpilots.jpg

Reviresco? http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl

And those planes look the biz!

Yes I to have used the Peter Pig figures, with the figures the bombers look real good

I highly recommend Cusbox (or other N scale - mind you, not 1:160, but 1:150) figures.

Also, check Evil Bay for "N scale" in Buy it now cathegory, they sell pretty cheap and postage is very low.

As for Cusbox, if I remember correctly, you get a 20% discount on your first order.

Not even a glimmer of bombers in UK

Why is there such a delay for Europe?
    Are we second class citizens?
    Isn't our money as good as $?

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    Are we second class citizens?
    Isn't our money as good as $?
    I must admit I am getting slightly miffed off, especially as I was told some time ago that this problem was a thing of the past now that Ares had taken over and the supply line would no longer be via the States. As far as I can see we would be better ordering direct from the States in future.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Yes I to have used the Peter Pig figures, with the figures the bombers look real good
    I have some Peter Pig figures on hand. The pilots look like they will be easy to fit into the planes. The gunners are look like they will be a bit of a problem, exept for the rear gunner on the Gotha. The front guns on both planes cover most of the openings. Did you trim the rear of the guns to fit in the gunners? Then the rear basket on the Caproni for the gunner is virtually non-existant. Did you modify yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    I'd answer this, but it treads too close to The P-Word. All I can say is "Have you read a newspaper lately?"

Impressed with my Gothas... now just waiting for 12-7 to get a restock on Capronis.