Ares Games

Thread: Any good?

Default Any good?

Are Shapeways Models any good?
    I'm thinking about buying a Caudron R.11 and a Salmson (and maybe a SPAD XIII and a SE5), but I like to know how good (or bad). Pics will be helpful!
    thanks in advance!

You may wish to check the hobby section of the forum, there is a whole subsection dedicated to Shapeways.

I recieved so far 2 orders the first one was perfect and the second was very bad. It is hit or miss.

"Good" is a totally personal impression. I have been doing this a long time and several hundred models later I still order or make whatever catches my interest. As for Shapeways my collective experience has been great, out of my over 300 of them only five have been problems, and with some model skills only one had been unusable. I can't say that for any of the other varieties I have built, my junk box has many metal and kit rejects in it. The Ares models that were not proper got broken down, reworked and repainted. I have only one of 8 Pfalzs that did not need to have the wings re-aligned and the DRI's all got upper wing adjustments. The F-Toys needed to be broken down and almost 10% of their mass was reduced due to massive flash build up on landing gear and fuselage mating. So there you are, in my humble opinion the game is in the effort to adapt, create, modify, and improve what ever you acquire, sounds a bit like life doesn't it? Enjoy which ever you endeavor! -and share the fun!

Clipper slipping out of philosophy mode