Ares Games

Thread: N15 Unknown Pilot N17 Contest

Default N15 Unknown Pilot N17 Contest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N172.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	44810

I left this to the last minute, despite sourcing a plane from Central Europe ages ago. I would have loved to have done a Russian plane but it would not fit in with my forces so I chose a French scheme. I don't make decals so although I have my moments I chose a simple black helm design on an aircraft whose pilot is unknown. My DIII entry was a plain paint job so I decided to weather and shade this one, I based this on one of the N17's Zoe posted. I also put some bullet holes in, although once the drybrushing and varnishing was finished they just looked like blackish spots, maybe should have went over them again.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 05-09-2012 at 03:20.

Nice model, George.

...and a lot of bullet holes.

I liked the weathering on this one and the bullet holes did look like bullet holes to me. Thanks for entering the contest!

I really liked the baptism by fire look.

Yes George we really need a master class on bullet holes.
    Rob.

Hmmm bullet holes, another thing I didnt think about putting on my plane. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Hmmm bullet holes, another thing I didnt think about putting on my plane. Very nice.
    I personally try to keep bullet holes off my plane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I personally try to keep bullet holes off my plane!!
    So do I keith, but missing the plane most of them seem to be ending up in my pilots.
    See my latest Over the Trenches AAR.
    Kytey will be hors de combat for some time I fear. Time to send him a crate of gin to the hospital.
    Rob.

Fantastic effort with the weathering. I loved the scheme as well. I was considering doing the same aircraft after I found a couple of photos of it. You did a masterful job of weathering the fabric and metal parts of the aircraft so they stood out as two different materials.

The bullet holes came across really well I think - I loved them!

/Niclas