Ares Games

Starting a new Campaign

Mission #13 Mission 4A Balloon Busting. 1917!!

Rate this Entry
New planes for everyone!!!

Type: Balloon Busting
Players: Central Powers: Steve B. (me) (Red DR1), and Steve S.(Black and White DR1)
Allies: Gary (2 circles on upper wing Camel),) and Mathew (4 circles on upper wing Camel)
Setup: per scenario rules.
Allies - two balloons with 4 random Ground Targets and one random ground target.
Results: CP: 0 Mission point. Steve S. first pilot is a POW, Allies: 5 mission points.
CP: 0 mission points
Allies: 5 mission point for shooting a plane down and chasing an enemy plane off the map.

Plan: The CP Goal was to bait the Allies to the German side of the lines and try and shoot one of the Camels down and run. The Allies plan was to set up in a defensive line and lure the CP to them.
Set up. The Allies set their balloons up on the left side of the Map. The CP thought they could come in on the right and take out the Ground target.

After this win by the Allies, they forced a fallback. They decided the next mission would be 3A (balloon).

The first Mission with new planes. I had completely forgotten how to effectively fly the DR1 and Payed for it. Steve loves the plane but was shot down over Allied territory. Those Camels are good!

Setup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202378[/ATTACH]

Once I saw that the Allies were not coming over I decided to cross the lines and get them to chase me back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202379[/ATTACH]

I may have went to far.........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202380[/ATTACH]

On the left you see Steve wondering what the heck I was i doing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202381[/ATTACH]

And here I am paying for my mistake. Those Camels were faster than I remembered.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202382[/ATTACH]

OOps I was getting lit up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202383[/ATTACH]

Crazy time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202384[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202385[/ATTACH]

A little separation.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202384[/ATTACH]

Deep thoughts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202387[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202388[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202389[/ATTACH]

And Steve S. gets shot down....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202391[/ATTACH]
Steve got a lot of "great cards".

Things are not looking good for me. I am running.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202393[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202392[/ATTACH]

I am trying to turn right and get off the map.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202394[/ATTACH]
Mathew chases me off. My cards.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202395[/ATTACH]

And this is what Mathew's cards looked like. UNFAIR!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202396[/ATTACH]
Garys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202397[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images                   

Submit "Mission #13 Mission 4A Balloon Busting.  1917!!" to Digg Submit "Mission #13 Mission 4A Balloon Busting.  1917!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Mission #13 Mission 4A Balloon Busting.  1917!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mission #13 Mission 4A Balloon Busting.  1917!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments