Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton

Rate this Entry
19/06/2016

Today I must woke up really early - we needed to be in Museum about 9 o'clock. So I packed all things to my two bags and went to the lobby waiting for Andy. Unfortunately, he slept really hard so he could join us. We (me, Keith and Ken) to Dayton where the Museum is. After a quick breakfast in McDonald we arrived there about 8:45 and took a short walk in a park - it is nice how Americans like their veterans and soldiers.
Harry (matt56) joined us right before enter and then we move deeply into hangars. The first one was about WWI and interest planes, even a Hurricane was there. In a hallway there was a short exhibition about Holocaust, very well prepared. The next hangar was about WWII, especially about Pacific theater, but also some German planes were there and, of course, a (recon) Spitfire. We had only few hours so we were quick, but I remember a story about escaping - a pilot found a Fw.190 and hide one the cockpit. Than he tried to start up, ok, and...moved away. He fly linens with a German plane!
Next hangar was about Korea War (a forgotten conflict) and about Vietnam War. Than a quick look into missiles (the big ones) and let's go to the Cold War Hangar. There were a real treasures - B-1, B-2, two Phantoms, Mig-29,...
The last one was about space, experimental and cargo planes and there was even a special part about Air Force Ones. Beautiful!

The Air Force Museum
Name:  20160619_131346.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  162.7 KB

The Newest Hangar
Name:  20160619_120112(1).jpg
Views: 94
Size:  122.3 KB

Mighty Valkyrie
Name:  20160619_120112.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  127.9 KB

Our Crew
Name:  20160619_120123.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  173.7 KB

During our journey back to Columbus we have a call with Eric and Sue - two great people who couldn't join us this year. It was great to hear them at least.
And than...over. The most special event ended. We said many nice words to each other and then TommyZ picked me and we drove to my new hotel.
Dear friends, thank you for everything. I can't say how much your company means for me, how important these days were. Hard to imagine that some of them I will maybe never see again. Now I know. I am totally addicted. Not about the game, am but about the company of you - extraordinery people who play it.
I was a little sad about the end so I took a walk. My hotel is in a German Village part of the city that is very nice. I took me about hour or two.
I will continue with my blog, because my journey is not complete, but the Origins part is over. What a fortune that I have you already on the Aerodrome!

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:15 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

...your Blog brought back old memories.

Thank you for let us be with you at Origins, Daniel.

Unfortunately you missed Eric & Sue.

(in 2014 we only made it to the WW II section in Dayton.
    I am glad you enjoyed Origins Dan-Sam and am glad you have many good memories to carry you through the years to come.
    Good luck in your future.
    im glad you got to visit the air force museum. its quite a sight. everyone should try to get there at least once. im very fortunate to live so close to it!
    I have beautiful memories, thrust me. Even know I can say that it was a definitely the journey of my life.