Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention

Rate this Entry
16/06/2016

I couldn't sleep well, so it was a good opportunity to make some work on my trains. I did a complete one (photos will be tomorrow, after my mission) and prepared for receiving my Origins badge. When I met Andrzej in the hall we went there and after few minutes we have our badges on our necks. So, what next? Of course, breakfast. Fully "English" one, but help me be awake for the whole day.

Good Morning, Columbus
Name:  20160616_063718_HDR.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  99.5 KB

I Have It!
Name:  20160617_072105.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  151.2 KB

We needed to get all minis to the site on a small roller, but still we have several big boxes - we musted look funny and we knew it (photo later, I promise).

There was the rest of our group and we setupped games. The first mission was a typical dogfight with some recon objects (Nieports 28 + AIRCOs vs. Fokkers D.VII). I had a terrible hand with damage cards and the result you can see below. Germans won, of course.

My Nieuport After a Collision and Few Hits
Name:  20160616_095347.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  203.6 KB

Of course I visited the Ares place - Itcwas lovely and I bough 5 series 6 WGS for me and one for a friend in Prague. But I will came back - they have a special offer for Sails of Glory: Buy 2, get 1 free...

New Birds Landed into the Nest
Name:  20160617_072158.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  182.1 KB

The second game was my finest hour. I wanted to play the RAF plane, so I took it and after several movements I realized that it is equipped with 9 bombs. Despite my zero skill with bombing I successfully bombed an AA gun twice and two cars of train partically. Germans won again, but that was my best game today.
The third and the last game was attacking a formation of B-17's and I shoted down only a Spitfire. After breaking the formation, my colleagues did the rest.

The official dinner was held in beautiful 94th Aerosquadron Restaurant near the Airport. The old building is cosy and fine place and under our tables (on a ground floor) was a dancing party, so we had a perfect music for it.
On this place I must say a big thank you to Keith who gave me a Czech Land&Lease Coin and all members of Buckeye Gamers in Flight who prepared for me and Andrzej personalized mugs. Thank you, dear friends!

Gifts from Friends
Name:  20160616_213426.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  97.5 KB

Atmosphere in the Restaurant
Name:  20160616_201856.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  146.9 KB
Name:  20160616_201837.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  154.1 KB

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:13 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

Nice start, Daniel.

Buy 2 and get 1 for free...

What about two starter sets of Sails of Glory?
    Looks like a blast.
    Thanks for posting.
    How did you enjoy your prime rib?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep One
    How did you enjoy your prime rib?
    I think it was my biggest experience ever!