Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day

Rate this Entry
15/06/2016

5:45
Wake up, sleeper, it's time!
After just 4.5 hours in my bed I need to continue with packing. One half empty big bag (said anyone magical word "Sails"?) and one much smaller as my personal laguage. Everything is done, let's go for a tram.

8:30
Waiting in the hall, checked-in with all three boarding passes, big bag somewhere for security control. Bad news is that I must take it in Toronto and go through whole procedure again. Our flight (LH1689) is going to Munchen, Germany. It will be my first flight with Embraer ERJ-195 - the smallest public plane that I've ever fly!

Back to Old Times on Prague Airport
Name:  20160615_080308-1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  169.6 KB

11:15
We were little late with our flight, but 15 minutes is ok - I had more than 50 minutes to change flights. Few minutes before reaching the right gate I met a captain of my flight with the first officer. We were talking for few minutes during our way to the gate - a nice first experience with Canadians.
Right now, our plane is delayed about 50 minutes, but it is not a problem. The big bird is on the place and flight AC847 will take off in one and half hour.

Our Boeing 777-20LR in Munich, Gate H18
Name:  20160615_111529.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  166.7 KB

17:10 (Ohio time)
Ten minutes after scheduled take off we (me and Andrzej) are still on Toronto Airport. Luckily. But start from the beginning.
My flight from Munich was delayed about 30 minutes. I knew that it is not a problem - "I have even about two hours in Toronto, so don't worry." OK, 2:00 - 0:30 due gate closing is 1:30. "Still enough, the transfer in Munich took me about 20 minutes." And then... Security control (again!), ESTA form control, waiting for security of my main bag (more than 25 minutes!), waiting for immigration control (thank you good lady who let me go first and greetings to officer who want to know the rules of Wings of Glory) and terrible run through the whole terminal. You probably know that I'm not a runner so you can imagine how I was looking in finish on Gate F91 (of course, almost the farest one). The only man who can describe me fully is Andrzej who was waiting there. Believe me, I was full of adrenaline. I really wish to rearrange my plans to go back to Toronto via Washington with 40 minutes change... So, we will see...
Know, the jump across the lake on the wings of Bombardier CRJ 200.

The Only Photo That I Made in Toronto - Airport Hall
Name:  20160615_212524_HDR.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  158.5 KB

19:00 (Ohio time)
When we (me and Andrzej left the airplane) we headed to baggage reclaim where Keith and Keith were waiting for us. Pretty cool that they came for us. During our way to hotel I earned an indian name "Bell Ringer," simply because I rung the bus bell in moment that I didn't want to get off.
In hotel we met many well known people - at least I know their names and nicknames on the Aerodrome. After a short visit of our room we went to a pub for a...ehm...briefing before tomorrows misinons (is there anyone who believe me?).
During the last moments I worked on my mission for Friday morning - of course I will share it on the Aerodrome later.
The longest day of my life is over. Thirty hours, there flights, one terrible run and expectations about Origins. Good night.

The Hotel Entrance Hall
Name:  20160615_224903.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  118.5 KB

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:13 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

Via Canada? Interesting.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

So the show can begin.
    Good to know, you are finally there. It was a long run.
    Enjoy the Origins. Looking forward for another chapter.
    Glad you got there safely. Don't remember seeing the old car when we came through Prague the other month.
    Well done Daniel.
    First three hurdles completed.
    Now you can relax and enjoy the show.
    Rob.
    Have a great time, Daniel.
    (And the rest of you)
    Enjoy