Ares Games

Blackronin

The Kindness of Strangers Campaign: Interlude 3 - Better 3 of 4 than 4 of 3

Rate this Entry
[B][I]July 19, 1940[/I][/B]

Kyte was limping. His parachute jump was a hard one. There were no smiles or laughter in the squadron meeting table. "All right boys. We're going for a different approach from now on." Everybody looked at everybody else. "Joachim and Andrzej have been picking my brain with a new approach and the top brass is willing to let us experiment on it." He pointed to the board. "We'll disassemble Green Section." Lee laughed. "What? Are you sending us home?" Kyte smiled coldly. "Joachim will go on from here." Joachim rose from his chair. "Thanks Squadron Leader." He pointed at the new list. Everybody could see their names in it.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Chapter%2015%20-%20The%20Eye%20of%20the%20Storm/storm%2004.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Red Section[/B]
[B][I]Element A[/I][/B]
Squadron Leader Kyte
Pilot Officer James Burmashave

[B][I]Element B[/I][/B]
Pilot Officer Eris Westminster
Pilot Officer Martin Barkley[B]

Blue Section[/B]
[B][I]Element C[/I][/B]
(Section Leader) Flying Officer Joachim Franciszek
Pilot Officer Gus Fremhaggen

[B][I]Element D[/I][/B]
Pilot Officer Andrzej Bartosz
Pilot Officer Cael Eorcenbald

[B]Yellow Section[/B]
[B][I]Element E[/I][/B]
(Section Leader) Pilot Officer Dave Sailor
Pilot Officer Nick Littlevalleys

[B][I]Element F[/I][/B]
Pilot Officer Lee Batesy
Pilot Officer Rick Thumberland

"What is this story about elements?" asked Dave, a part of his head still covered with white bandages and pain spilling from his voice. His Spitfire went down spiraling and his head hit the cockpit before he was able to bail out. "From now on we'll fly in three Sections of four men and each man has a wingman to cover him. The section might split up, but the element of these two men will cover each other always." Dave nodded. "I see. You've done this in France, Joachim?" Andrzej laughed and replied first. "Unofficially." Joachim smiled. "A good wingman will help you return home safely." he looked at their faces. They need to be convinced, he thought. "The Germans know this. They are doing it since the Spanish Civil War." Realization sunk in. "Now! Let me tell you how were going to do this..."

Submit "The Kindness of Strangers Campaign: Interlude 3 - Better 3 of 4 than 4 of 3" to Digg Submit "The Kindness of Strangers Campaign: Interlude 3 - Better 3 of 4 than 4 of 3" to del.icio.us Submit "The Kindness of Strangers Campaign: Interlude 3 - Better 3 of 4 than 4 of 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Kindness of Strangers Campaign: Interlude 3 - Better 3 of 4 than 4 of 3" to Google

Comments