Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16

Rate this Entry
Prague Con 2016 is definitely over. It was a pleasure run event like this and believe me, I know what about I am talking. The last days before Con were pretty busy for me, especially because I neet to do some last things (ordered framing of diplomas, their pickup, creating, printing and cutting all nametags etc.). And all of my task must be on time, because we had some problems with timeline last years. IT was good that I have not a test shift in my work on Friday and I headed almost directly to Svět deskových her for first missions.
And it was a great start! I met a part of Serbian contingent in front of the shop, than meet old friends from German guys and British contingent (I was honored by giving the Order of Bulldog from Rob himself, wow). I am not sure if I can describe it, but I have a feeling of "comming home" type. Suddenly, all fatigue was away and then all started: Sails of Glory (run by Sven) and the first campaign mission. Both were wery interesting to play and the most imporant was that Láďa's shop suits us well. After obligatory debriefing in hotel Mars I went to sleep - every pilot need peace during night before mission(s).
The next they we switched the place. Svět deskových her would not be big enough for all 40 participants, so we moved to Warboss. And it ws a good idea. There were three large tables, so we could play 3 missions in one time (may be a new Prague record?) and I run campaign for whole day. I have a good feelings from campaign, even after our loose in it. The games were well balanced and there was plenty of time for socializing during them. The another interesting thing was Zdeněk's idea about Food festival during Saturday lunch. Now I know where my favourite cookies been created for the first time (OK, I know, but I really like them).
As I said, we loose the campaign and German side won it. But believe me, it was thrilling until the end - we started with 2:2 to the last mission and Germans destroyes only one more ground target than us. And with new experiences, I highly recommend to play such a campaign to all players. It is strange how you change the way of thinkg when you know that you will be penalized for beening shooted down.
The second debriefing was even more epic than the whole campaign. I started with Rafał's family and it was a great way how to talk about their favourite games and even play a cool Red 7. When they left the pub, I movet to the Czech table. OK, talking about organisation, mission discussion - exactly what I like on our debriefings. The last checkpoint was a German table and...um...we have a perfect smiley for that: This part of evening was a real challenge a and we end it with a shot of Becherovka (not good for Sven and Kubajs...).
The next morning was hard to get up, but I was in the store on time again! I played Rafał's Crete '41 scenario. It is probably the best balanced WWII mission that I have ever played.
The results of the Con was a surprise, because the best players were very young. The Ace of Aces of Prague Con '16 is Kuba - a very perspective Polish pilot. To Him belong the laurels of winners!
After luch we played with Dennis, Mario, Markus, Sven and Zdeněk's family a Mysterium game. I like these "aftergames" - I really enjoyed my first Ticket to Ride game with Thomas and Láďa and this game was ncie too.
The Con is bigger and bigger, but every new face (all Brits, Joyquim, Dennis and whole Polish team) gave me the feeling that Prague Con events make sense.
A very special "thank you" belongs to Kubajs - I could not do this without your help and support.

Some interesting numbers:
  • Venues: 2
  • Youths: 6
  • Supporters: 8
  • Nationalities: 9
  • Participants: 40
  • Games: 15
  • Prizes: 50+
  • Beer: 2x30 l keg + bottles
  • Minis available: 552 (together we have almost as minis as Karl!)

Name:  Hromadná fotka.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  191.9 KB

Name:  Land and Lease Members.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  142.6 KB

Name:  Winners.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  231.5 KB

Name:  Battle of Britain.jpg
Size:  215.3 KB

Name:  Fortresses.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  242.7 KB

Name:  Please touch.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0246.jpg
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  akIMG_5472.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  194.8 KB

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:11 by Dan-Sam

Tags: CON, Origins, Prague
Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

It was excellent!
    Thank you all in the Czech Wing!
    Interesting and nice to read.

Thank you for leaving those impressions here!
    Happy memories of a great week in Prague. Cheers Daniel.