Ares Games

Marechallannes

Prague SummerCon 2016 Part III

Rate this Entry
Sunday 24th April 2016

The next morning I woke up in time with a giant headache. Painkillers from my Polish comrade Arek saved the day.

I went to the hotel’s restaurant and said to Rob: “King’s German legion report for duty!”
We had a good talk about some Napoleonic stuff. Less time to go deeper into history and I went to the coffee machine that was without coffee.

I realized that first when I put milk in the hot water and tasted. I had to wait a few minutes for the refill. A perfect start into the new day.

Finally equipped with coffee and breakfast I settled down at the table and talked with Rob, Joaquim, Steve and their nice ladies.

10:30 am Last official game for me at the Summer Con.

3 Royal Navy ships of the line met 3 French ships of the line.

Here the RN commanders:

…and the French commanders:

I gave the flagship and the admiral title to Neil. A good decision because my sailing was miserable this morning. Lost the connection to my line, was absent during the most hot phase of the battle, etc…

It was a hard fight. Neil and Paul fought like lions and I was so happy to have them on my side.

I had my famous 15 minutes when I catched a salvo from HMS victory that was designated to our flagship.

Result:

1x RN ship captured
1x RN ship sunk
1x RN ship escaped
1x French ship sunk

A rare victory for the French side.

Here a picture of the WGF series 9 planes. Real beauties!

01:00 pm After the last mission we dermined the winner of the painting contest. Andrzej and me won a prize for our models, so next year it’s on us care for the topic of the painting contest.

Kubajs and Daniel gave the prizes to the winners of the Summer Con. All the youngsters won prizes and showed a great talent.

As usual Polish & Czech pilots were the most scoring aces.

The German Wing standing in front of the Opole WoG banner.

02:20 pm Lukas, Michal, Zdenek, Martin I, Martin II, Dan-Sam, Ladinek, Dennis, Markus Mario, Ladinek & me had lunch in a nearby pub.

We returned to the shop and played some interesting and funny games until we had to leave at 04:45 pm.

We said goodbye to our friends and promised to come back next year.

06:15 pm Exhausted German pilots on the way back to the homebase.

Here are some prizes, boughts and presents from the Summer Con 2016.

Thank you my friends.

Finally, the only thing I had to regret a little bit that there wasn’t time to talk with everybody at the Con. Time simply rushed away.

But it was an outstanding event. Thanks to the shop owners & sponsors, thanks to the people that organized games and stuff, thanks to all the game master and the gamers which made this event so unique again.

Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part III" to Digg Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part III" to del.icio.us Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part III" to StumbleUpon Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part III" to Google

Updated 04-27-2016 at 23:52 by Marechallannes

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks! I must admit it was again a great pleasure to meet all the national teams and while we are so grateful to the Czech Wing for it's hard work on the Con, my greetings goes as well to the German pilots under Sven, joined this year so succesfully by Dennis "Nachtschwarmer" (hope for good spelling) - a witty and always smiley bunch of fellows!
    Almost, and the pleasure was all mine.
    Excellent Sunday report, Sven.
    I'm sad that I couldn't stay a bit more.
    Alas, next year there will be more.
    Already started planning for next years trip Great to meet all the other players old and new. The Ladies thank you for allowing their partners to have fun while they shopped
    Thanks for the report Sven! Makes me even sadder that I was not there.