Ares Games

Marechallannes

Prague SummerCon 2016 Part I

Rate this Entry
Friday 22th April 2016

This is the report of Prague Summer Con 2016, a very special event because I met many new gamers, long know forumers I never met in person and old friends.

09:10 am We met at Nürnberg main station and took our reserved seats in the bus. Mario had filled his backpack with six bottle of Mönchshof beer for the thirst and I had the little cardgame “Coup” with me to shorten the nearly 4 hour drive to Prague.

We arrived at Prague main station around 01:00 pm, bought some metro tickets, changed some money and went to the hotle Mars, main base for the Summer Con.
02:10 pm After check in we had a meal in a nearby chinese restaurant.
Mario & me ordered a tasty duck. Markus needed some time to choose. As a reward for his choice he get a dish that should have had beef in it.

03:00 pm We met Nightbomber and the Polish wing (Andrzej, Arek, Kuba & Victor) in front of the hotel and were joined by Joaquim from Portugal, I never met in person before. (We’re forum wingmen since 5 years.)

Polish pilots needed something to eat and Joaquim went to Ladinek’s shop for his game setup.

I grabbed my SoG stuff at my room and went for the shop, too. Markus made a short power sleep for the upcoming games.

We met the game designer Andrea in the shop and he unpacked some prototypes of new WGF & WGF series.
First time we had the P-47 Thunderbolt in hands. A mighty fighter plane.

04:00 pm Our friends Nemanja & Jelena joined us, too. The were in company of two new pilots from Serbia: Asja & Alexandar.

Joaquim and Nemanja had a talk while Andrea took some pictures from the Spanish Civil war planes, that Joaquim brought to the Con.

More and more forumers and gamers arrived. Old Czech friends, a strong unit from the UK squadron and many others.

I was especially happy about the arrival of Dennis, another German former that joined us for the convention the first time.

During saying hallo, I grabbed the chance and bought another WGF Macchi flyboat and a WGF Caproni Ca.3 in Ladinek’s shop to have more targets for the new upcoming WGF Phönix fighters.

05:00 pm Daniel, the actual Aerodrome lend lease member, officially opened the Summer Con 2016 and we started gaming.

I ran a SoG sceanario: Frigates in battle.

Six players decided to give it a go and we played with basic rules because it was the first SoG game of some participants.

For the Royal navy Neil, Rob and Daniel took command of two Amazon class frigates and one Concorde class frigate.

For the French navy Alexandar, Paul and Dennis were in command of two Concorde class frigates and one Amazon class frigate.

The setup was on two gaming mats with two little islands in the middle and the goal was simply to smash the opponents.

05:40 pm We had a good time and the captains did their best to outmaneuver each other.
It was a British victory with two enemy ships sunk and one enemy ship surrendered. (…for the loss of one own RN frigate, as far as I remember)

08:00 pm We played the first WGF campaign mission of the Con. The French tried to end the Fokker scourge and hat to battle masses of Fokker E.III Eindecker.
French planes had the option to escape over a side of the gaming area instead of fighting to the end, but they faced some of the best.

Here you can see our Jagdstaffelführer Andrzej the Nightbomber (burning very stylish – thanks to Teaticket), me in my special Richthofen repaint Fokker and our wingmen Joaquim, Markus & Mario.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the doomed French pilot heading towards this strong fighter front.

Read it in the comment, that this one belonged to the Serbian pilot Alexandar. Brave man!

Nieuport in flames! I manged to set Dennis on fire. He was in command of the new Nieuport 11 (de Turenne).

A lot of German fighters caught fire during this game, but it was a tight German victory. I scored 2 aerial victories and supported Andrzej II with another aerial victory. You know – Germans do not share kills.

Joaquim delivered a good show and played with real heartblood.

The same time, Nemaja hosted his WGF winter war scenario. Unfortunately I was only able to take a snapshot, but he told me afterwards, that his concept worked well and the players had a lot of fun.

10:00 pm We joined the British advance guard in Mars hotel restaurant and had a few beers and many good talks before we finished the day at midnight to be in a good condition for the next main battle day of the Summer Con.

Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part I" to Digg Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part I" to del.icio.us Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part I" to StumbleUpon Submit "Prague SummerCon 2016 Part I" to Google

Updated 04-27-2016 at 23:54 by Marechallannes

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The lonely Nieuport was piloted by Alexandar
    Thank you.

Hey Dan-Sam, have you already bought a SoG basis game?

I bought a German version of Mysterium on Monday.
    I love the phrase "burning very stylish" Arghhhh!
    Thanks for the report, Sven!
    Excellent report as usual, Sven! - I just loved it.
    It's a pity we cannot give REP in the blog.
    Euhm, no, not yet... But Kubajs is checking eBay for it, so may be...
    Well blogged Sven.
    looks like fun was had by all!!!