Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 40

Rate this Entry
[B]Quick! Write something cheerful!!! [/B][I]Erm ... As I approach 2000 postings on the Aerodrome [/I]I have received a few messages in which Members have encouraged me to stay away from being a[B] lurker [/B]/ [I]Member who joins and then contributes little to nothing. [/I]So in recognition of all of these messages and the positivity and encouragement I have received here goes with a suitable and appropriate Blog Entry.

[B]The big news [/B]:minis: wise is that I have successfully found myself a[B] Wings of War WW2 Deluxe Set [/B]although I had to look all the way to Italy in order to find this one. This does indeed mean [I]everything is in Italian [/I]but this hardly matters as the four aircraft are the same and arrived in excellent shape. These four have already been out on one[B] Joint Venture [/B]which was played against the Wife and which became our first ever Wings of Glory game where we were[I] flying more than one aircraft each in action.[/I] Turned out to be one of our best games yet!

[B]So where's the Victor [/B]asked one of those aforementioned messages? I'll tell you the latest on [I]Project HPV/K2 [/I]which in late November 2015 dropped down to just one aircraft in order to use the other as a practice-airframe. The reason for this is that though now painted in [B]RAF Cammo [/B]as opposed to[I] RAF Hemp [/I]as originally intended further sanding was required on both the [B]Handley Page Victor K.2[/B] and [B]SR.2[/B] airframes. I sanded the [I]SR.2[/I] wrongly and managed to remove much of the [I]wing-flap and aileron detailing [/I]on the airframe in the process! This is the airframe which as a consequence has had to be withdrawn and relegated to practice painting only. [B]Richard Seville [/B]sanded the other airframe properly as he has far more experience than I do working with resin models. Meaning the[B] Victor K.2[/B] from 57 Squadron is [I]still in the running [/I]so to speak. Decal availability for one aircraft only was the next factor in my decision to press on with just one for eventual introduction to WGS. Next requirement is the same stand which I use for [B]Avro Vulcan [/B][I]XH560[/I] and that is the easy bit ... I also still require a manoeuver deck for the Victor K.2 and the obtaining of an [B]official R Deck [/B]as opposed to using [I]scans and photocopies [/I]has so far proven impossible!

[B]Avro Vulcan B.2 XH560 [/B]is still alive and well but has not flown much over the last two months: Mostly because I have been unable to play[I] Wings of Glory [/I]at all whilst being unwell recently. I am glad to say that I at last appear to be making a recovery from that nasty and lengthy acute bi-polar disorder relapse which I suffered from. So I am not prepared to let anybody whose recently found their way onto my Ignore List try and set this recovery back to any extent. [B]Tough![/B] I am recovering now and that is that. Enough [I]damage was caused and many events were missed [/I]whilst I was unwell. Now I seriously look forward to my next [B]period of stability [/B]and[I] making up for a lot of lost time [/I]on the events side of the matter ...

PHOTO: Joint Venture Mission played with the Wife November 2015.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183002[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 40" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 40" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 40" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 40" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Cool! I'm happy for you!