Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: entry number 37

Rate this Entry
[B]What's in a change of brand? [/B]In this instance ... [I]Everything[/I]. In response to a recent event or two I am going to be changing identities over the next five days from [I]Aussietonka[/I] to just [B]Tonx[/B]. Probably due to me experiencing my worst bi-polar relapse in two years I now feel like [I]Aussietonka[/I] has become synonymous with [B]grumpy b*****ds cancelling events [/B]and [B]Squadrongate[/B]. Nuff said on both fronts as the general aim is to let these disappear into life's rich pattern and forget they ever happened ...

There has been no [I]Wings of Glory [/I]action in this neck of the woods for[B] just over one month [/B]with my last game being played Solitaire on September 29th 2015. On October 31st 2015 an end was finally put to this complete lack of activity when two games were played against the Lady Wife. Lasting for nine and thirteen turns these two [I]WGS [/I]games lasted for 1 hr 15 min and were played with the same two types of aircraft throughout as well as on[B] two Official Gaming Mats [/B]now instead of just one. This skirmish became the first outing for the Wife's Birthday present [B]Grumman Martlet Mk III [/B]which has been named[I] 'K for Kittens' [/I]which saw action against me flying a [B]Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II[/B]. As can be seen from the photos posted to my Aerodrome Albums 'K for Kittens' will hopefully experience some better luck soon although due to [I]special circumstances (important first outing) [/I]any [B]Boom Cards [/B]drawn from the damage chits were discounted and a new chit drawn instead.

In the meantime there have also been setbacks and changes over at [B]Project HPV/K2 [/B]thanks to cheap crappy [I]Humbrol [/I]acrylic paints proving to be unuseable ... Where the usage of superior [I]Revell[/I] acrylic paints saved the day for this project but also changed it's direction in the process. The two [B]Handley Page Victors [/B]at the heart of this matter will now carry [I]RAF North European camouflage with a white underside [/I]instead of the more modern [I]RAF Hemp / Light Grey underside[/I]. Even more significant is the potential changeover of one aircraft from being a [B]K.2 refuelling tanker [/B]variant like the other to being a [B]SR.2 strategic reconnaissance[/B] variant. The colour schemes of these two aircraft only differ in terms of the RAF insignia and camouflage pattern carried topside. In the meantime the hunt for [I]R Manoeuver Decks [/I]to customise for these two aircraft continues ... To date fruitlessly forcing me to consider photocopying the [B]RI Deck [/B]which is currently in use by [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B] [I]XH560[/I] in order to overcome this [I]operational hurdle![/I]

PHOTO: [B]Grumman Martlet Mk III [/B]'K for Kittens' as it has been named goes into action.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: entry number 37" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: entry number 37" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: entry number 37" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: entry number 37" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments