Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 35

Rate this Entry
[B]May I proudly present to you ... [/B]The (unofficial) [I]Wings of Glory Theme Tune![/I]

[url]https://youtu.be/QPoPo6a8MI4[/url] - Press here to play.

This long running joke is a sign that I am having too many Wings of Glory items delivered in this neck of the woods. It was the Lady Wife who thought up this nickname for our doorbell chime. This featured in the thread [I]You Know You Are A Gamer When ... [/I]just recently over in the [B]Officers' Club.[/B]

Now then ... [B]Derby World Wargames 2015[/B]: What can I say but the biggest apology possibly known to the Aerodrome for having to miss out on[B] both [/B]days. Even though Castle Donington where the event is held is virtually on the doorstep for us! But I am afraid a bad night's sleep and work in general got in the way although having to cover teaching Ground School at Fanshawe's Tractors is rather a serious matter. Three days before DWW 2015 the principal Ground School person at FT went down with appendicitis and I am on their reserve cover list. Otherwise normally I work from home: Mind you being positioned at FT which is up near Leeds is not all bad news as there is a new player in our midst as a result. Mostly interested in WGS his name is Ben Arden and he is one of the Qualified Flight Instructors at FT.

On the latest trip up to Leeds Karma kind of struck for having to miss DWW 2015 as I was sat on the train opposite a retired Spitfire pilot. His last squadron was [B]603 (City of Edinburgh) Sq RAF [/B]with whom he flew [I]Supermarine Spitfire F. Mk 22s[/I]. During our very interesting chat between Derby and Doncaster I told him about WGS and that I used to be based at RAF Waddington[/B]. Though obviously the only Spitfires I have ever 'flown' in my lifetime have been through WGS! No new :minis: to report arriving except for one [B]Avro Lancaster B Mk III[/B] about a week after Doncaster 2015 and there is currently a [B]Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress[/B] on the way across The Pond from [I]Aerodrome Accessories[/I].

Roll on [B]November 29th 2015 [/B]and the [I]Galactic Models Wings of Glory Day[/I] I am organising. Hopefully looking forward to one last get-together before Xmas 2015 via this event ... :)

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 35" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 35" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 35" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 35" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments